Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Discussion
But i have to finish this quest so i can do the Herinius Mora quest.
ur options are ....
1) the BEST according to me - dont complete the quest !!!!!
that way you get to keep umbra's sword with "zero" weight.
2) If at all you want to, need to, have to....complete the quest.. start without clavicus vile telling you. i.e. go directly to Umbra and get her sword. Then you can go to the shrine to start and end the quest at the same time.
Very Important: When u take this approach, make sure you talk to the khajit preist before talking to the daedra. else u r game will still crash.
Wehn you talk to clavicus with the sword, she/he will want you to give her the sword ( in return u get her mask - fortify personality 20 pts).
You could refuse and decide to keep the sword (now the weight goes from 0 to 52!!!)
If you ask me, the mask is not worth a peanut... keep the sword.
The reason for the crash, i think is the dog baurus (yah the same one that kept yapping abt the evilness of the sword) that comes into ur inventory when u ask the statue for quest.
If taking the above approach, you go to statue before khajit priest, the dog still comes to your inventory and causes the crash. if, however, u talk to the priest, then u r good
hope that helps
[Edited by mesniper, 3/15/2007 2:27:57 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem