Battlefield 3 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
[Edited by Commando5454, 10/29/2011 3:03:43 PM]
As far as I see, this was EA's big attempt to get their Origin platform in gear, as their previous launches like EADM were basically ignored entirely as they offered nothing other than full retail price games with no benefits or discounts. So they thought to themselves, "Hey we got a hit game coming out that is attempting to be top dog of a certain genre, lets pull from Steam because it'd be even more money for us!" or something along those lines, no matter how sugar-coated it may have been at the time. Even if they lost sales to those who boycott the Origin platform, they gained profit without paying any overhead and having absolutely no pre-order sales, other than the Back to karkand expansion which will come out... sometime.
I'm still appalled people think it was because Valve is skimming too much off the top of DLC sales for the humble EA to handle.
We're talking about EA. The company that almost refused to create games for Xbox Live when it launched because they couldn't control Microsoft, so they made every online console game use EA servers.
The Steam issue is largely the same. We have to use our terrible Battlelog system instead of letting people directly launch the game, because it's social gaming! And everybody knows social gaming makes CASH MONAY!!!1
Oh boy. I absolutely cannot wait to play the same shooter using a 60% id made engine (the other 40% is probably the bad part) then pay for the game again in DLC costs! Actually, given that MW2 had one map pack, and BO had had four, MW3 will probably have over $180 in map packs! You can buy the game three times, and play on giant funnel maps, leading directly to the bottom of the free market.
[Edited by Shotgunmaniac, 10/31/2011 5:51:59 PM]
The only reason why MW2 had a huge sale is because of IW and their famed MW. What else do you expect?
But for me, personally, I perfer Battlefield 3 because you can change the layout to suit your battle need. IE: make hole in the wall to snipe from or to elimate wall protection. Then there the fact that you can bring down the building, what else do you expect?
Personally, I would love to see Steam slow down. If Steam continue to plow ahead without competition, then they will be a powerhouse for Digital Download. I'm against that. Also, I don't really like Steam. I miss the old days when you could just install straight from the disc instead of downloading the entire game just to install it.
Also, Origin is best ideal compare to Steam and Valve. I still haven't forgive them for their comments toward Sony Playstation 3. If you don't know or haven't heard of it, go google it. Steam is overrated and shouldn't exist. I'm getting tired of games on pc requiring crapbox's controllers or controllers mapped ONLY to crapbox's. what happen to the freedom of choice in controllers? Also, I really don't like it that I have to connect online via Steam JUST to play my game. heck no. I move around alot and half of the time, there aren't any internet connection and I STILL have to connect? hell no.
(EDIT) And as for teh poster that said they won't get Diablo 3 and SC2: HoS if it doesn't come on Steam, don't be an idiot. I don't trust any games that require you to install secondary program just to download, install and play my game. Blizzard shouldn't do that, as it would bork with battle.net. think about it. and FYI: i avoid any games that require Steam.
[Edited by ZikenDendou, 11/1/2011 10:47:31 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem