Mass Effect 2 Message Board
Our Mass Effect 2 Trainer is now available and supports ORIGIN. Our Mass Effect 2 message board is available to provide feedback on our trainers or cheats.
Mass Effect 2 Trainer
REQUEST MORE OPTIONS
0 option(s) for voting
FILE UPDATE REQUEST
1 report(s) filed
BOOST UPDATE PRIORITY
Boost currently not available
Message Board for PC version
Page 1 of 8   •  First Page  •  Previous Page  •   Next Page  •   Last Page
Signup or Login to Post
Element Zero Planets and hidden quests
  • Current rank: 3.5 Stars. Next Rank at 8000 Posts.
    Send a message to DABhand
    AUTHOR
    DABhand posted on Jan 27, 2010 1:12:22 PM - Report post
     
    Might be fun to make a list of Planets that contain Element Zero for those not wanting to use the trainer to give metals, obviously playing ME1 and getting all gasses and metals and continuing it on ME2 is 55000 each to start with.

    I found one nice planet Thunawanuro in the starting cluster when you first get control of the Normandy and when your heading to Omega. It has 6 very rich spots.

    Also in the same cluster there was one planet, where I found a hidden mission but it wasnt known as an anomaly, its a Rhakni base but I am assuming its open if you helped the Queen in ME1, must be a bug in the game perhaps it should have been an anomaly. I wont say what planet, but if im correct a new start in ME2 from scratch it may not be there, I only found it by accident by misclicking when scanning for minerals.

    So if you found anymore planets with Element Zero and other planets with hidden missions, lets list them

    EDIT: I will give a hint on the planet with the hidden mission, its the only one even after mass mineral collecting it always stays Rich. I dont want to say the name incase people wont to find it themselves as a bit of fun.

    [Edited by DABhand, 1/27/2010 1:17:13 PM]

    Great site for new games with constant deals

    Click Here for G2Play for great deals

    Oh and Don't forget some tuts on ASM and defeating DMA

    Clicky Here for them
  • Current rank: 1.5 Stars. Next Rank at 500 Posts.
    Send a message to singlerose
    AUTHOR
    singlerose posted on Jan 27, 2010 1:24:16 PM - Report post
     
    Resources on the planets is something that may be generated randomly. Doubt BioWare would bother, but then again, who knows. We need to compare our findings first to make sure it's not random.
    Some people have kind hearts of gold. Some - cold hearts of stone. I have a brave and hard heart of steel.
  • Current rank: 3.5 Stars. Next Rank at 8000 Posts.
    Send a message to DABhand
    AUTHOR
    DABhand posted on Jan 27, 2010 1:29:31 PM - Report post
     
    Planets work this way..

    If you find a planet which has scan results of Rich, you have a huge chance of 5+ very rich veins on the planet, each time you find more and more the scan result will drop.

    So in order Rich > Good > Moderate > Poor.

    Each time it drops it means less and less chance of a rich vein being found. This drop does happen while planting probes. So if they come across a planet that starts poor they shouldnt waste time looking.

    I am sure the placements of the actual veins is random, but I think planet quality is pre-determined and is static at start of each new game.

    [Edited by DABhand, 1/27/2010 1:30:28 PM]

    Great site for new games with constant deals

    Click Here for G2Play for great deals

    Oh and Don't forget some tuts on ASM and defeating DMA

    Clicky Here for them
  • Premium Plus
    Send a message to Drakonis
    ELDER
    Drakonis posted on Jan 28, 2010 7:42:13 AM - Report post
     
    According to the guide book I have every planet has a random number of low value deposits and expect to find up to 15 deposit sites. Not all will be worth the effort though. Planets that do not contain elemen zero according to the book are ocean/ice, rock, pegasid, jovian, ice giant, brown dwarf and desert, the majority of planets apprarently. Garden planets contain poor deposts of element zero, and post-garden planets contain rich deposits of element zero.

    All of the planets have a different percentage on what type of mineral deposit you will find, Iridium, Palladuim, Platnium. For instance on an ocean planet you will have a 70% change of finding platnium, 15% chance of finding Palladium and a 15% change of finding Iridium

    EA is the anti-Midas touch company. Everything they touch turns to garbage.
  • Current rank: 3.5 Stars. Next Rank at 8000 Posts.
    Send a message to DABhand
    AUTHOR
    DABhand posted on Jan 28, 2010 10:36:26 AM - Report post
     
    Started a new game with no Rhakni queen saved (an Evil ME1 character I did), and couldnt find the location on the planet for that mission.

    So it did affect ME2. No doubt she will appear in ME3, and perhaps become an ally against the Reapers. Who knows :P

    [Edited by DABhand, 1/28/2010 10:36:48 AM]

    Great site for new games with constant deals

    Click Here for G2Play for great deals

    Oh and Don't forget some tuts on ASM and defeating DMA

    Clicky Here for them
  • Current rank: 1 Star. Next Rank at 100 Posts.
    Send a message to OuterSilence
    ELITE
    OuterSilence posted on Jan 28, 2010 1:54:05 PM - Report post
     
    Searched every planet in the cluster up and down and couldn't find anything rachni related.

    [Edited by Nicon, 1/28/2010 1:55:13 PM]

  • Current rank: 3.5 Stars. Next Rank at 8000 Posts.
    Send a message to DABhand
    AUTHOR
    DABhand posted on Jan 28, 2010 2:00:42 PM - Report post
     
    I found it by accident when searching for minerals. Ill post the planet name later when I have time not answering the zit club boys on gamefaqs lol :P
    Great site for new games with constant deals

    Click Here for G2Play for great deals

    Oh and Don't forget some tuts on ASM and defeating DMA

    Clicky Here for them
  • Current rank: 1 Star. Next Rank at 100 Posts.
    Send a message to Dementum
    ELITE
    Dementum posted on Jan 28, 2010 7:25:41 PM - Report post
     
    There is no planet that fits your description (every planet can be harvested to depletion and there are only 5 rich planets in the cluster), are you trying to troll us?
Page 1 of 8   •  First Page  •  Previous Page  •   Next Page  •   Last Page
Signup or Login to Post
All times are (GMT -06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). Current time is 7:53:23 PM