The registry tweaks that fools Windows into accepting that it is SP3 don't work as the game needs the upgraded components. So this maybe the key reason. Please go through the following pointers, I hope you may find your solution here:-
1) Upgrade your Windows XP (Should by genuine) with Windows Live Update.
2) Upgrade Sound and video card drivers. Also update your Direct-X version (The game shall have updated Direct-X!).
3) Go to start ----> Run ----> dxdiag (Type dxdiag in the textbox and click on open) ----> Do all the tests regarding display and sound. This for XP users.
4) Make sure you have your audio system (may be speakers, headphones, etc) plugged in correctly!
5) Check your game settings. See the audio configuration.
Hope I have helped,
[Edited by bita11, 6/13/2009 10:36:03 AM]
>its just simple just Go to device manager
>sound, video and game controllers
>find device with modem in its name
(i found this on the activision forums)
well it worked for me
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Super Health
• Vehicle Health (including helicopter)
+ 12 more options