Endless Space Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
1 the directory u are looking for should be Documents\EndlessSpace\Users\JediSpock\Saves
2. Make a DAM BACKUP
Open the save game file by using 7z Note: right click, 7z, open archive, file, edit
3 have fun if you cant figure it out best to leave it be and use trainer
4. your empire is empire index = 0
5. don't edit the others unless you want uber AI maybe
6 edit you heroes after you buy them at like turn 10 and assign one to home planet
7. make sure you get the right heroes under you empire should be after hero clone part
8. under department of treasury is the bank account that's you cash
9 if you have research qued you can put 100 complete if you like but it never does them all. it resets in game for some reason.
10. you can change you planets to Terran and size to huge if you like
11. i have not figured out the anomalies naming system as they are named in the file by numbers and as such will need to be crossed referenced with a file that contains there name and number then you can put in the correct anomlie for the planets or you can simply put them in a little at a time by noting the homeworld special and then connecting it to the number in the file which is tedious
Queue OverProduction="0" to Queue OverProduction="1000000000"
Under the Research queue part in the save game.
Make sure to queue all the techs up before doing so.
I've been looking a little into save game editing and mopped up very simple SaveFile editor using AutoIt.
It asks for Admin privileges, to register/unregister XML parsing DLL's.
Unpack executable to some empty directory of its own, to avoid conflicts.
Exe is pretty big as it embeds 7zip, XML DLL's and external XML editor.
For personal use only
UPDATE: Executable for version 0.30.5 here: Link
Old one will not work now, (Says "Cannot Find 'Endless Space' Profiles" as game update changed where save games are stored, thanks to the JamesX for heads up.
UPDATE: (17/10/2012): I've just tested with 1.0.27 and editor still works, really a surprise. But I think I've lost it's source, so no updates, sorry.
And Source (AutoIt 3.8.1) (v0.24.4 Source):
Source is not very tidy as I'm not very familliar with AutoIt and I have bad programming skills.
I'm not sure about CheatHappens rules for external links, tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.
May be I could post it under CheatHappens (when it's tested).
[Edited by QuasiMod, 5/22/2012 11:50:48 AM]
[Edited by QuasiMod, 10/17/2012 11:20:03 AM]
It might have to do with 0.30 alpha moving the profile to a different path than before.
They happend to ruin the XML setup , only 1 line number , no seperate headings anymore, so searching to mod something is a shambles as it is now.
backups that you made in the beta DONT work in the official game.
load game simple doesnt show any games you saved in the beta.
ALSO the said greyed out mod tab which didnt work in the beta
still doesnt work in the official release.
All and all i am not happy at all with this release.
They said mods will not be possible until AFTER release, now they will probably work on allowing mods.
Just because a game is not 100% moddable, doesn't make it a bad game.
I have been able to do some limited modding, which is fine with me.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem