Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 - Retribution Discussion
Haters will be haters, guys - they're still paying for your goods, so don't mind their whining. I appreciate the "upgrade" to mega status by the way, kudos.
the way our trainer works we cannot 'freeze' anything. this is to prevent crashes due to the steam protections. my choice in design was on purpose-
While playing I've found that using just unlimited requisition is enough because you always have the option of simply resurrecting your heroes and building more of your units. I am confused however that this bug was also present (at least at times) in the retail copy and D2D copy of DOW II. Your trainer at that time also caused this bug when using super health, although less consistently. Are these two bugs related in any way?
Additionally, so we can understand the difficulties better, why does the game only balance the eldar? Are they so underpowered that they require this change? Also, why does the effect of super unit stay with the game long after all heroes and characters have had their health restored (i.e. between campaign missions). I've even started a brand new campaign after using the super unit option once and the eldar kept their health modification! If this is in fact part of the game we should submit it to Relic as a software bug that has no part in the game.
And again, I have all respect for the coders that work hard at making these games more enjoyable for the casual crowd.
i have two theories..
1) since we are making certain units huge HP, then the game compensates other units to make the encounters for that level more balanced and challenging.
2) we are removing the 'HP cap' from the units so that we can make them super units. the removal of the HP cap reveals sloppy level design and scripting where the level designers created units with higher HP than was decided at a later time. This HP is automatically 'fixed' by the HP cap code. Since we removed the cap to allow super units, the game allows the improperly high HP to stay in those levels since the HP cap is removed (the function to lock HP at pre-defined levels). You cannot have super units if you leave this function in place.
i have no other ideas since the options of the trainer only affect the selected units. the trainer itself isn't doing anything to any other units by accident, unless the HP cap removal is doing it.
One thing you can do to check this would be to press the RESET TROOPS TO NORMAL option and see if the high HP Eldar units revert back to a lower HP. If so, it is the HP cap code not being active that causes it (and sloppy level/script design since they put high HP units in there and then let the HP cap do the work). otherwise, it is the game compensating on it's own-
Well this argument would work if you actually knew R1CH, but I'm the one who does. I know for a fact he uses Windows as the base operating system. He has to perform too many programming tasks that are reliant on tools only for Windows. He did note two very important factors for computer security:
1. AVs always lag behind zero-day viruses. There will always be a window of opportunity regardless of what you use.
2. If you're behind a modern router of any kind (Cabled or Wireless) you are already protected by the router's NAT Firewall (which is a hardware based firewall and much more effective than all other firewalls).
So yes you can surf without an AV provided you:
1. Don't go to shady websites (honestly the only malware that lurks consistently revolves around P2P, pirate torrents, etc...rarely do you ever ecountered a true virus in the wild). Even so, Microsoft's solution has yet to have any kind of compatibility problems with CHU's trainers (URL: Link)
2. Keep your OS and programs up-to-date. The main way viruses get in is if you use outdated software that have those security holes. Updates are there for a reason.
3. Windows Firewall is seriously all you need. You don't need those "fancy" 2-way firewalls because if you have to control programs already installed on your machine from initiating connections, you've already lost the battle to stay uninfected from malware and need to proceed to disinfection (not blocking connections).
So yes, we actually do take careful consideration on what we say about Anti-Viruses and uninstalling them. Granted we could clarify that users should keep their OS/Programs up-to-date while doing this while not being an idiot on the internet (even if sometimes it's putting too much faith on the end user). IIRC, PWizard has always used Internet Explorer and no AVs and I've yet to hear him go "oh we'll have to delay operations while I reformat my PC"
[Edited by moderator Neo7, 3/7/2011 1:16:21 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.