Civilization 5 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
no matter which trainer version
pressing F1 to activate trainer at main menu will cause game not to load any new or saved game
pressing F1 after loading or starting new game works but using any trainer option will freeze game and crash
any help of fix will be greatly appriciated
Some other notes:
The game will CTD if you pan the camera too far away from a unit and give it a move order.
I set autosave to every turn, because I seem to crash just about every turn, LOL... indirectly because of the trainer, direcly because I try to do to much between turns.
When I have been using the trainer I have always started each map by first selecting the warrior unit we are given at start and walking around with unlimited moves to explore the entire world.
That way I will know what location is the best when I actually do settle my first city.
The only things stopping this are:
* If I explore a ruin and the result is that the unit puts on new equipment because that also ends the turns even with the trainer.
* If too long a path is ordered with unlimited moves the game will crash. It does not matter where the camera is as this will happen also if the unit has to walk around a really long mountain to get two hexes forward. I try to avoid ordering longer paths than what would have been three regular turns at a single time (hold down the right mouse button to see path and number of regular turns needed) and have not had any crashes since using that method. This is not an issue during the initial exploring though since we don't want to risk running into barbarians in the unexplored terretory cloud and so should never walk farther in one move than we can see.
Using that method I tend to end up with one unit putting on enough "ancient ruins"-equipment to be come mechanized infantry before the AI has built anything at all.
At least if the map is big enough to include enough ruins.
It is also worth noting that you do only have one attack per unit and turn even with unlimited moves.
You can still move the unit around after a succesful attack, but it will refuse attacking again (same or new enemy).
This is of course useful still, as you can run away after attacking and thereby avoid any counterattacks or get out of the way if you want to attack with another unit (same type units are not stackable in Civ 5 as you probably know).
Today (after a reboot) the game starts, but crashes as soon as I load any game I have previously saved.
I can start a new game fine though.
It makes no difference if I have the trainer on or not.
I have never been able to play more than a couple of rounds from any savegame myself.
Until a patch is released fixing this problem I just assume I hae to keep the game running until it is completed.
This does however not seem to be in any way related to any trainers or other cheating methods as it appears regardless of being played without or with any one of them.
or if it is only with me in such a way
[Edited by marc0171, 9/28/2010 8:44:13 AM]
Nope you are not alone is this
So far I have tried:
Re-installed the game: no effect
Update graphicscard drivers: no effect
loaded game from launcher: no effect
loaded game from civilization5.exe: no effect
loaded game from shortcuts: no effect
uninstalled all visual C++ and reinstalled it: no effect
so no luck so far.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem