1) WinRAR: This is on the best compression tools out there, not only is is widely used, it has the best features available except a great amount of compression ratio.
2) MagicISO + MagicDisc: MagicISO is a Disc image creation/burning software. It creates .iso, .bin/.cue and .uif disc images with ease. MagicDisc which is an addon for this software (And can be used individually too). It is actually a Disc Emulation/Image Mounting software and is a great alternative to DAEMON Tools, though it has comparitively limited features.
3) Universal Extractor: This tool usually extracts most of the compressed files (.7z, .rar, .zip, etc) and even packed executables.
4) Microsoft Office: Enough said.
5) EditPlus: This is a piece of software that is used to create various types of scripts, or source codes. Can be used as a simple text editor as well. IMHO, it is the best available text editor out there, after Notepad++.
6) Cheat Engine: This is my favourite piece of software. Just use it and see - It makes cheating possible in almost every game.
7) uTorrent: Small sized, but the best P2P client out there.
8) Total Video Converter: This software converts almost any video format to any format you desire of. I haven't found any better video converter than this. It also converts audio files. It is packed with Total Video Player which plays almost all kinds of media files!
9) avast! Anti-Virus: The best anti-virus out there IMO, generates less false alarms and gets the job done when needed. The boot-time scan feature makes removal of viruses possible which get executed on boot-time.
10) Advanced Uninstaller: Uninstalling programs have never been so efficient without this program. This program scans for left-over files and deletes them. It also has a built in Registry Scanner (That comes with error fixer) and a Registry Optimizer - Both of them work like a charm. And that's not all, it comes with plenty of more features that lets you handle Windows OS with ease.
There are still many programs I wish to recommend, which I many on my next post. Also, there are plenty of famous softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Flash, etc. I just don't use them as of now - So I need not mention them. So this applies to you as well. ONLY MENTION THOSE PROGRAMS/SOFTWARES YOU ACTUALLY USE!
[Edited by HonestGamer, 7/23/2010 3:50:19 AM]
2. Flash Player
4. MS Office 2003
5. Orbit Download Manager
6. Yahoo Messenger
i guess that's about it.
2)MS Office 2010
5)Sony Vegas 9
9)CH Trainer Manager
10)Tune Up Utilities 2010
[Edited by ArchDuke, 7/23/2010 3:12:56 AM]
Well yes, I have found many programs to leave some junk files/registry entries after they are uninstalled. If you are not carefull about this, a large portion of your hard drive gets wasted. Advanced Unintsaller helps me with this, it scans for left out files/registry entries and deletes them - According to your preference of course (Since some files/registry entries are shared).
- Spybot Search & Destroy, fights the villans of the interwebz.
- Microsoft Office, typing crap.
- " Excel, keeping charts for budgeting etc...
- Internet Explorer, sometimes instead of firefox.
- Real Player, watching videos.
- Windows Media Player, same as above.
- VLC Player, same as above two.
- Winrar, exacting ****.
- Windows Live Messenger, chating.
[Edited by king-of-games, 7/23/2010 3:28:30 AM]
1) FRAPS: Awesome ingame video recording software. It only lacks a video codec manager and thus created big sized videos.
2) Internet Explorer/Mozzila Firefox: How come did I forget this?
3) File Splitter & Joiner: Nice tool for spliting/joining big sized files. Also has a MD5 checking feature for those who need it.
4) ResHacker: Nice tool for extracting resources from executable files or just managing their resources. Some examples of such resources includes Icons, bitmaps, sound files, etc.
5) Nitro PDF Professional: A program with which you can view, edit, create and convert PDF files. Much better than Adobe Acrobat IMHO!
6) GameBooster: Free and efficient, you can play games with a slightly better frame-rate.
7) HexWorkshop: The best Hex Editor available out there. Its packed with a bunch of features, including a handy hex calculator. Standard users might find the need for it (Hacking savegames, etc).
8) Spybot Search & Destroy: Nice handy program for eliminating malwares if your Anti-Virus fails to remove it. Also has a nice immunize browser function that leads to safer browsing.
9) Total Image Converter: Converts all types of images.
10) Exact Audio Copy: A great program for ripping Audio CD's. Quality related problems are minimized and there is support for audio codecs/encoders like LAME MP3, etc.
[Edited by HonestGamer, 7/23/2010 3:46:59 AM]
2. Mozilla Firefox - internet
3. Winamp - music
4. Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 - converting videos to .mp3
5. Ventrilo - talking while playing
6. Internet Download Manager - increases download speed
7. Windows Media Player - watching videos and stuff
8. PowerISO - virtual drive manager
9. Windows Live Messenger - chatting
10. Windows Live Mail - checking mail
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem