Trainer Tools and Resources
I tried the cfg option and added as stated:
seta g_showCheatMenuMsg "1"
seta g_gameFinished "1"
But the darn game just makes a new wolf.cfg, and uses that instead of the Autoexec.cfg.
I tried putting +set com_allowConsole 1 to the properties of the exe and I don't get a console when I press the TILDE key. I did just try the hold [RIGHT ALT] + [LEFT ALT] and TILDE option when I'm typing this and that worked, but I'm used to used to only use the TILDE button.
For those with problems, did you read the instructions properly and do things right?
You have to CHANGE the value of 2 already existing lines, NOT add them.
When ingame, to be able to use the cheats, you have to start a new campaign and choose to enable the cheats.
There are no console where you type in codes, instead you open the menu and go to gameplay, there you will see an option called cheats where you can choose from available cheats.
Hope this helps.
That's because Wolfenstein have a lot complex code making it hard for cheat makers to make command line changes.
But if anyone wants to use the +set com_allowConsole command line for the single player mode they must have version 1.1 of the game and Windows XP for the command line to work but I found a way to do that on Vista, 7 and 8 as well.
Here it goes:
For Vista or 7: 1. Insert the Wolfenstein DVD-ROM into DVD drive, click Quit in the game's popped-up menu because the menu's Install option will install the game without the game's shortcuts.
2. Go to Start and then Computer. You should see the DVD drive that is now labeled "WOLF_DVD", right-click and click Open, you should scroll straight down see a file named "setup".
3. Right click the file and click Properties and go to Compatibility check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox and make sure the OS mode selected is Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3. Click Apply then OK and install the game as normal, click Yes when asked to create shortcuts then patch the game to ver. 1.1 and add the cheat console command line.
For Windows 8: Same as for Vista and 7 but with a little bit of catch, that's because Windows 8's XP Compatibility Mode is only for programs that has requirements of up to XP but semi-compatible with 8. So for Win8 users like myself do this:
1. Insert the Wolfesntein DVD-ROM as usual and you will see a popped-up window asking you to "Tap to choose what happens with this disc", tap the popped-up box then click Open folder to view files and do half of step 2 and step 3 for Vista/7.
2. Install the game with the XP compatibility settings, but cancel the installation when it's stuck at approx. 3/4 of completing, then repeat step 3 for Vista/7 but uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox, click OK and click Apply.
3. Install the game again and the shortcuts will appear after installation because you have attempted this once in XP compatibility mode, so the same follows: patch the game to ver. 1.1 and you can add the cheat console command line.
[Edited by samuel_1198, 5/30/2013 11:06:05 PM]
[Edited by samuel_1198, 5/30/2013 11:14:48 PM]
[Edited by samuel_1198, 5/30/2013 11:17:59 PM]
[Edited by samuel_1198, 5/30/2013 11:19:54 PM]
[Edited by samuel_1198, 5/30/2013 11:26:37 PM]
[Edited by samuel_1198, 1/4/2014 7:32:43 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem