Splinter Cell: Conviction Discussion
And the matchmaking is a bit of a fail at this point. And communication in multiplayer would have been nice, like using mic's
* Poor graphics for today's standards
* Poor sounds for today's standards
* Auto black & white "stealth" while hiding in the shadows - This is lame considering night-vision/infra-vision/heat-vision goggles in previous versions were better and gave the player the option to use them in the dark or not.
* Fish-eye rifle scope views makes enemies look like flat paper targets.
* Mission objectives are painted all over the environment walls and ground like graffiti for retarded indiviuals who might forget the mission objective - RUN & GUN. Of course only the player can see these magical mission objective and not the enemy. I mean WTF were the developers thinking?!
* No body dragging, carrying, or other ways to dispose of corpses.
* Execution mode is retarded and feels cheap. It takes the joy out of tactical stealth killing.
* Too many LOUD weapons and not enough stealth weapons - makes it obvious this game is mean't to be played as a third-person "run & gun" shooter.
* Sam can throw sticky-cams and grenades thousands of feet with just his bare hands! No need for a grenade launcher to do this anymore like in previous versions.
*Sam forgot how to whistle apparently. Now you have to be spotted and shot at to get the enemies to investigate.
*Several missions are set during the day-time where there's no stealth at all. Again, it's obvious this was mean't to be a "run & gun" game and not a tactical stealth game.
*Multiplayer just flat out sucks. Don't care too much about this as I've never looked at Splinter Cell as a multiplayer game anyways. This was just a waste of the games resources that could have been better put towards improving single player game play.
*DRM copy protection is awful. You buy the game and you can't play it when UBIsoft's servers go down. In the middle of the action the game can suddenly stop while UBIsoft's servers try to reconnect to your computer. It's like a single-player game that plays like an online game that loses sinc with the dedicated server.
Probably about 10 more things I could list but I think people get the point. The game just sucks! Save your money and get something else instead. Try out the demo for proof if I still haven't convinced you. Apparently there are a lot of "easy to please" folks on here who think the game was great. I pity them!
However I did like the "Mission Objectives" as they were. It added a cinematic feel that was unique.
I did not find that they impaired combat.
As others have stated, I do miss moving bodies, whistling while I work, and throwing small objects that don't belong to me.
To add to the list; I do wish you could take the upgrades off of the weapons after they were installed.
It's both good and bad to experience Sam without kid's gloves. On one hand it appears to lack some of the stealth from earlier titles (although it is actually quite fun to try and complete the levels without shooting at all), but on the other hand it is nice to see Sam in all his fury and skill.
This is a definite replay game for me and along gameplay those are the most important things for me in a game!
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem