In order to properly freeze the timer google for CheatEngine.
1. Start Just Cause 2, trigger the timer by jumping off the platform. Press F1 or back if using an XBOX360 controller, check what the timer says. Memorize it.
2. Alt-tab out & start CheatEngine, In CheatEngine browse processes and select JustCause2.exe. Choose Unknown initial value from the scan type drop-down list. '4Bytes', and hit the 'first scan' button.
3. go ingame again, un-pause & let some time go by.
4. Again, open PDA and check how many seconds have gone by. Alt-tab back to CheatEngine again search for a new value, this time a 'Value increased by...' (or, as listed by the program, 'Increased value by...'), and enter the appropriate value(the time in seconds that passed) in the 'Value:' box.
4a. Missed step, Press 'next scan', it will list all the memory values that have increased by your specified amount, then go back ingame, notice what the timer says, un-pause it, let a few seconds go by, pause, and note the time. Figure out how many seconds went by between pauses and put that value in, and hit next scan again. The memory results lists will get shorter. Keep doing the steps until you are left with 1 value.
5. when found double click it to add it to the box below. Freeze it and play for as long as you want.
Found on another forum and people there say this works
In the background I see you have already frozen the address, so how can CE find out the address? Unfreeze it, right click on the address, find out what it rights, a window will open. Return to the game, let the timer go for a while, go back to cheat engine, and there you will find some oppcodes! Stop the debugger and then save the codes to your code-list.
ack.. yeah.. makes sense lol.. but i got the same thing, closed the debugger (atleast i thought i did) and went back ingame thinking i had to play a bit longer and it crashed and now ive gotta redownload to start it again.. maybe some kind of anticheat? *shrug*
[Edited by mekurukito, 3/5/2010 2:28:58 PM]