First of all, if you BOUGHT THE GAME, regardless of WHERE, then you should be using the STEAM trainer. This game goes through Steam and updates through Steam. Make sure you have updated to the most recent version and use the STEAM trainer. Using the retail trainer will crash/freeze your game.
Second, if you're using the 'no-cd fix' you should be using the one by RZR, not RLD. If you're using the no-cd fix then you must use the RETAIL trainer.
If you're having problems with crashes/freezes with the STEAM trainer, the issue is that the game has implemented a GFWL type cheat protection which actively checks for any cheats ALL THROUGHOUT the game. We have found and disabled over 30 of these checks so far. If any of these checks find you cheating, the game will freeze or crash. Some of these checks are tied to certain pieces of the game code, for example, clicking this menu item, pressing that gamepad button, etc. We cannot possibly test every single scenario where these checks might take place. Our recommendations is to load the game, activate the trainer, start a new game (or load save), activate the options and play. Do not over-activate options when not necessary.
We are continuing to look at this game and trying to disable more of these checks. Please note that these checks do not exist in the no-cd fix version of the game.
If you are experiencing a freeze/crash, do this:
1. RE-DOWNLOAD THE TRAINER. We have updated it over 6 times so far and will continue to update it. Make sure you're using the most recent version.
2. Post a savegame along with EXACT re-create instructions so that we can easily replicate the problem. DO NOT POST A COMPLAINT WITHOUT POSTING A SAVEGAME. YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED! Make sure you mention if using DX9 or DX11 and your OS.
3. Make sure you've read the NEW trainer troubleshooting guide (Link
). There are new entries, dealing specifically with h4x0r malware that should be read and addressed.
4. This trainer uses a new security template. Even if previous trainers worked fine, FOLLOW THE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE! Disable AV, Run as Administrator, etc.
5. Try starting a NEW GAME or restarting a mission if you're having trouble loading a previous save.
6. Try alternate DX version. If having trouble with DX11, try DX9.
Please understand that we are trying our best to create a stable trainer for those people that legitimately purchased this game. We could have taken the easy way out and only trained the unprotected no-cd version like other trainer makers, but we did not. The no-cd version of the game is OUTDATED and incomplete. You can compare the two and easily see this. There are new graphics options in the STEAM version and it's also more stable in DX11 configurations. We have spent well over 30 hours working on this game so far. 1 hour on the RETAIL version and 29 on the STEAM version. We will continue working on it, but at some point we have to get to other trainers and updates in the queue.
Please help us by posting USEFUL comments. Telling us that so and so doesn't work in so and so mission does not help us. We haven't had time to play through the entire game with each character type as we have been chasing down protection checks.
I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as these game developers continue to make it more difficult to CHEAT IN SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.[Edited by PWizard, 3/30/2010 3:02:03 PM]