Dragon Age: Origins Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
X = party member's number (see this topic for the numbers)
Y = amount of approval (can be negative i think, to decrease approval)
1.In DA:O attributtes/skills/talents points are always coded by two values
2.First one is float 8 bytes(the easiest to find) - change the number of points you can spend in-game
3.Second is a tricky one - it is float 4 bytes - it contains what I would call "fail-safe".The fail-safe is becoming negative if you spent more points that game allow for current situation(3 for attributes,1 for skills, 1-2 for mage/warrior/rogue talents,1 for specialization)and in future you want be able to spend this type of points until it returns to positive value - practiccaly when you level up it won't allow to spend attribute/skills/talents/mages points depending on what you have say it overspent.So I figured how to get pass by it(made it on my own but maybe someone did it in trainers...)
does it work(example - I use ArtMoney):
- my character leveled up and I have 3 attribute points
- search in artmoney for Float 8 byte that equals 3
- spend 1 point and filter for Float 8 byte that equals 2
- spend more/less - filter until you find it
- now the tricky part(where you search "fail-safe" value)
- make your available attribute points back to 3 IN-GAME
- start a new search now you search for float 4 bytes that equals 3
- now you change float 8 to 6(it is important that you change to this number for novice users(for advanced the formula is like this - basic value the game gives you to spend(3,2,1 depending type) minus the number of points you spent(for example you have 3 points to spend and by changing float 8 bytes you spent 9 so float 4 bytes will be -6)
- now you spend ALL your points IN-GAME
- you filter for float 4 bytes that equals -3
- if you have more than 1 value than dispent 1 point in game and filter for float 4 bytes that equals -2
- now you have both 8 and 4 byte float - CHANGE them to the number of points you want to spent and it will do the trick
If somebody needs further instructions/clarifications - post reply in this thread or PM me.If modders decide to put it into new topic - do it.Please consider tha I leave in eastern hemispher so I will be able to answer for next 8-10 hours,after I have to give my bear some vodka and go to sleep)))
Mega Defense: "runscript cheat" -- this gives a temporary effect (about 100+ seconds) of extreme defense. It says it is changing cleaverness, but it seems to not change that stat.
Darkspawn Bowling: "runscript bowlingforferelden" -- now THIS is fun! It creates a Forcefield (sphere shaped) around you. Anything you run into is hit for major damage! Again, about 90-100 seconds long!
I found these in the designerscripts.rim file. I also found there the createitem script, but I cant figure out the syntax to use it. I think the full item list is found in designeritems.erf, but these scripts usually need numbers pertaining to a database index. Well, if anyone figures it out, please share!
That is both difficult and not necessary tbh, and also one of the reason why CE's better than ArtMoney (at least in my book).
With CE you only have to do the search once, coz it scans for both 4 and 8 bytes float at the same time.
So just go through with the search once and you'll get 2 addresses, set the value you want, switch back to the game, exit the level up screen, open it again and voila, you can spend you attribs (note that the game won't allow you to spend more than 100 points at a time, so if you set the value higher than that, you'll have to go through the level up screen a few times to distribute em all).
As for skills and spells, I prefer using the console to add them, after all it's really easy to figure them out, just takes 2 hours tops to make a list of all the skills a PC can gain (emphasize on PC coz one would have to resort to the yet-to-be-available toolset to grab the skill number for some creature-only skills like "Archdemon Vortex", you just need to be motivated.
@rsgeiger: As far as the items are concerned I think it's best we just wait a day more or two til the toolset finally gets released so we'll have the complete list right away. That is unless someone wants to try trial and error on these
[Edited by Amarantha, 11/5/2009 7:51:22 AM]
* Up to 400 new and updated trainers monthly
* Manage and update trainers through one app
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem