Halo 3 Discussion
• Harder Opponents:If you start in social you'll be playing against people who don't play as hard as people in ranked matches so I suggest skipping boot-camp like I did myself and jumping straight in to ranked.
• Better Teammates: A lot of times in social people tend to go AFC or Away From the Controller leaving the rest of your team to make up their absence. I have not seen this often in ranked matches in fact i would say it's probably a 3:1 Ratio of people who quit or go AFC in social matches and those who do in ranked.
Now one thing you must do if you play online is get good with three things. The AR,BR, and Grenades.
• Plasma/Spike Grenade/Firebomb: If your enemy is falling aim towards the groin area. If they are jumping aim towards the neck.
• Frag Grenade: When bouncing around corners aim higher for the grenade to go father. When being chased throw a grenade at your feet for a nice surprise for your enemy. When throwing a grenade at enemies throw it closer to you if your in a fire fight with them. These grenades don't bounce on sandtrap or snowbound/avalanche.
• Assault Rifle: Can kill someone with a clip at close range and if you empty a little over a half of a clip and melee you can kill someone easily at very close range.
• Battle Rifle: Aim slightly below the neck and it will kill someone in 4 bursts.
If you master all the things above your skill in multiplayer will increase significantly.
Next you need to know how to win a gun fight. Your best bet would more than likely be to mix jumping and strafing. But there are other ways also for example I used one just the other day.
• Gun Switching: Now if your at longer range with an AR instead of reloading when your clip goes if you have a pistol or another weapon just switch to it. It takes less time than a reload and you can get a shot off quickly.
• Environmental Objects: If there are fusion coils or other explosive objects around your enemy shoot them (preferably with something that can make it explode in one shot). It could save you a death in the game.
One last thing. Frag grenades are okay but I personally don't care for them =) but whatever you think is alright.
A very good way to practice your skills is through FFA playlists or Free For All playlists. The most common one is Lone Wolves. This is good because it can allow you to go up against multiple opponents and raise your skills. You must be in the top half of the players (Exe. If you had 12 players you would need to be in at-least 6th)
Another good thing is to play double experience weekends. This starts late on Thursday or Friday nights and goes through Sunday night. This is important because you can get good experience and plenty of practice. Now one thing that everyone loves in double experience weekend is Grif-Ball. Ill give you tips on what I know about Grif-Ball.
• Use the sword on Grif not the hammer. This is because if Grif's shields are fully charged you could catapult him to the win.
• You don't need to get super close with a hammer it can be used from a distance away.
• Keep half your team guarding the win. If someone catapults Grif to the end and only one person is there and they get beat down then your messed up.
• Don't rush right in. Go a little after your teammates so if both your team and the other team gets killed you can get the ball.
• If your Grif wait for your shields to charge before going in. This can help incase someone uses a gravity hammer instead of a sword to kill you.
Thats all I can think of at the moment I'll post anything knew I think of.
[Edited by Riingo, 9/30/2009 3:00:44 AM]
I've played you before, you aren't that great.
Also, the no frag grenades thing is extremely stupid. Spamming them is also stupid. If you know there is an enemy coming around a corner, you'll want toss a frag just before they turn, so it knocks out their shields, and you can kill them with one shot.
i dont think ive played with anybody in a long ass time...but i dont really care about a game thats almost 2years old, and besides its all for teh funz right?
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem