If all you want is unlimited ability points don't even mess with the trainer it's a hassle.You can adjust your ability points in Twilight of the Arnor manually to any level you want along with a whole host of other stats.
1) Locate the raceconfig.xml file in "Galactic Civilizations Folder"....\Twilight\Data\English\raceconfig.xml
2) Open the file and save a backup copy under a different name in case you fudge somthing up... if you can't open the file just right click copy and paste to your desktop rename to "raceconfig bu.xml" or somthing like that, and then move it back to the original folder. This way if you mess up all you have to do is rename the file to it's original name of raceconfig.xml and all settings will be returned to normal.
3) Now Right click on the original raceconfig.xml open with notepad and find your race name. You can find your specific race quickly by hitting Ctrl F and typing in the name of that race if you don't feel like scrolling through.
Here are a few races
Dominion of Korx
4) Now locate CustomizationPoints by scrolling down or just hit F3, type in CustomizationPoints, find next, and change the number in between to whatever you desire. 91 will max out all perks I believe.
5) Click save and start a new game with your tweaked race.
NOTE: you can also tweak other stats if you like or add starting techs if you now the tech name and follow the syntax. It's pretty similar to html.
Have fun with your ultimate race and enjoy!!!