some guys having problem with trainer, including me.
trainer dosen't work.
so above procedure is alternative way for them.
I use version 5.4 of CheatEngine. I think the version is not matter.
How to Find proper address?
1. Load CheatEngine. Do NOT quit the game, but just return to windows screen using with Alt-Tab key.
2. Click top-left computer-shaped icon. This icon is blinked with colors, so you will not miss it. ==> "Process List" window pop up.
3. Search the file "s2gs.exe" and click "OK" button. It will be located near the bottom of the list.
4. Insert your character's XP number in DECIMAL into "value" box. Do NOT check the "Hex" box. Click "First Scan" button.
5. In the left box, about 4~5 results will be shown.
6. Return to the game, and kill a monster(or do anything that increase your XP number). After that, it is recommended to move your character into safe zone (such as near Resurrection Monolith). Check your increased XP. Go to the CheatEngine.(Alt-Tab)
7. Insert your new XP number into "value" box, then click "Next Scan" button. The result will be narrowed to 1~2.
8. Move the cursor into each result and press right button of your mouse. Go to "Browse this memory region". The XP in hex will be located at the top left of the FIRST address line.
For example, if your XP is 65,000 (in Hex FDE8), the memory address will be:
006F23F4 E8 FD 00 00 ..................(the first line)...
006F2404 .. .. .. .. .....................................
Be careful that the order of XP number in hex(FD E8) is reverted in memory address like E8 FD. If XP in hex is 40FA6 (266,150 in dec), the order in memory region will be A6 0F 04.
Skill and attribute points is located at the end of one line above XP address region:
006F23E4 .....................................XX 00 YY 00
006F23F4 E8 FD 00 00 ....................................
XX: Skill points in hex. Max is FF
YY: Attribute points in hex Max is FF
So, in combination with XP number and Skill/Att points number, you can find the right address.
9. Return to the game. (You do NOT need to save CheatEngine.) Save and Quit your character.
10. Reload your character. Now you can see increased points. Enjoy~
Sorry for late reply.
Editing money, skill points, EXP, etc is a kind of traditional way. So if you know the basic procedure like above (even if you don't know your computer or program), you can edit these numbers easily. It's not a kind of computer science. Just simple cheat skill anyone can do.
So I still don't know what my computer thing. I know just simple way to edit some character's numbers by traditional manner. That's all.
I use "Cheat Engine v5.4" This is program's name. I hope my reply would be help to you. thanks.