S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Discussion
1. You cannot stop the flow of data it is ripped, burned, copied, reloaded, downloaded, uploaded, sent, received, hacked, duplicated, replicated and on, and on it flows through computer to computer.
2. Put plainly and simply the site has more guests than members and that is not even a figure on how many unlimited account holders there are to free account holders such as myself.
3. What is the point in making threats to break the people that make you, yes you could make it where everyone has to pay for any trainer or list of code but then where do you gain (avert eyes back to 1. for a moment) because seriously it only takes 1 to do all that and get it to everybody else.
I'm not trying to start a fight, rebellion or attain something for free I am a just stating what I see and cheat and profit don't really go together that and at 0.99 cents a song iTunes has a better price rate than 4.95 for a megabyte or two.
I think you do want something for free. I also think what we have here is a free member or guest who has a major case of SOUR GRAPES. Its called capitalism. Anyone who uses his or her brain to produce a bit of code or script may sell it for whatever the market will bear. Apparently , the market will bear these prices. Quite a few of us have decided to purchase this product and we feel it was a good deal. Some of you want to get something for nothing. If you arent happy with this website....dont come here and whine to us.I think there are enough of you whiners to start your own website. Call it "Whine_Happens.com" There , you could all make up your own cheat codes and trainers and then give them to all the other whiners out there. Then when they didnt work properly , you could work even more hours to fix them ...this would be for free as well ! Whiners_for_Free.com. Ill be sure to visit you real soon. Hold your breath till I do.
PS...Im not trying to start a fight , rebellion...ect....
As far as your iTunes reference goes, if we had the ability to go out on tour every night and be featured in snappy iTunes commercials then we could also charge 0.99c per trainer.
BTW -- Wouldn't it be nice if iTunes released 99.9% of their songs for free a few weeks after release? Now I'm starting to understand why they don't.
[Edited by PWizard, 9/17/2008 2:30:55 AM]
So I guess is not that simple, can't always expect to get a free ride.
Just a little though of mine, hope I didn't offended anyone.
At $2.08 a month no one should complain about paying for this great service.
[Edited by polluxval, 9/17/2008 11:08:55 AM]
[Edited by polluxval, 9/17/2008 11:09:10 AM]
Having said that, cheating in single player games is generally accepted (if not always understood) within the games industry - after all, you're not cheating anyone but yourself.
The point is, as someone who works in the industry my main aim is for people to have fun playing the games we make and if people want to use trainers or whatever then more power to them if it increases their enjoyment of the game and doesn't affect anyone else. Believe me, if this site was selling hacks for any of the titles I work on then I'd have our legal department all over them, but when scouting out this site I was pleasantly surprised to find a high degree of professionalism and no online cheats.
I for one am happy to fork out for membership of this site as I believe the product and service warrants it. Compared to how much I spend on other luxury items this is a drop in the ocean
I can also sympathise with the site owners and contributors - we also get constant calls for "free content" in our games, as if we just pull games out of our backsides and don't spend months and years working on them.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem