S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion
There has been some moaning about the trainer, some people got it to work without any problems, and many did not get it to work.
Instead of blaming the developer(s) of the trainer I dugg deeper and looked into the STALKER-code itself, rather its executable.
Lo and behold, the unpatched (and un-"fixed" exe works well with the trainer, and so does a no-cd from a group called HATRED. However, due to a major f***-up on another fixed exe from a group called VITALITY (namely their attempt to bybass SecuRom by removing a whole subroutine) the trainer would not work on that said executable.
Since I hate people who pirate software with a passion I shall leave this topic like that and will not hint or link to a working fix. Just put your original in and play the game with a working trainer
The problem appears since I am using the trainer. It always crashes at the bar, yesterday, before I played with the trainer, nothing happened, so i guessed that it would have something to do with the trainer.
Sorry for the false assertion. =(
1. The trainer CAN cause savegames not to work, because the whole subroutine god-mode is based on also checks if the savegame is in use or not. Guess what, if at any point the stack "collapses", there goes your savegame
2. Why would a "subroutine" affect the trainer functionality ? If you guys were smart, you would've made it auto-update-able if code is relocated. Yeah, it's not the author that has to change the trainer, it's always us that have to look for the .exe the author used when he made the trainer itself
3. There weren't any trainers leaked. I am talking from experience. Am almost 80% sure of what the trainer does or how it does it.
4. For the interested people : 1E95458. Play with the pointer. Also there's a "jna" somewhere close by (1E95453), above the max_HP routine. Try a small change of flag, see what you get
[Edited by sunbeam906, 3/20/2007 12:25:54 PM]
Seriously, if you want trainers for games like this to keep coming out, don't leak it.
BTW, what the hell was up with your number 3? Experience? What does experience have to do with a trainer being leaked?
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem