Darkstar One Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
1) Make sure you have the right version. If the trainer is written for v1.1 and your game has been patched to v1.2 then this is a good reason for the trainer to fail. Trainers are looking for very specific places in memory or the executable and updates tend to shift these locations around. Many times you can reinstall the game back to the level needed to get the trainer to work.
2) Disable any third-party programs you may be using such as FRAPS. These third party programs sometimes cause issues with the video system or with the memory space the trainer is trying to occupy. Disabling them while playing can many times cause the trainer to start working.
3) Always read the instructions that came with the trainer. Usually this is in a readme or .nfo file. Open these files with Notepad to read them. Some trainers need to be run AFTER the game has started (by pressing ALT+TAB to go back to the desktop) and some need to be loaded BEFORE the game is started. Some need to be placed in the same directory as the game and others can be placed anywhere. Using the wrong method can cause the trainer to fail. Some trainers require additional files before they can work and may be noted in the readme/nfo files.
4) Sometimes the game's copy protection itself can interfere with the trainer's functions. If you have LEGALLY purchased the game, you can visit sites such as megagames . com or gameburnworld . com and download a game 'fix' that will disable the protection and allow the trainer to function properly. Always make a backup of your original files so you can return the game back to it's original state after the necessary cheats have been applied. Just like with trainers, make sure the fix you download matches the version you have.
5) Are you trying to use the trainer in single player or multiplayer mode? Most trainers are made to work with SINGLE PLAYER MODE only. Here at Cheat Happens, we never intentionally create or post cheats that work in a multiplayer environment. Cheats (in our opinion) should only be used for single player modes and trying to use them in multiplayer will cause the cheats not to work and may possibly get you banned from that game's multiplayer servers.
At the end of the day, sometimes trainers just simply won't work with your version of the game. Sometimes game publishers put out multiple versions of the same game (international, etc) with slight changes to the code, but they use the same version number.
We always try to associate the correct version with the trainers that we post, but sometimes it isn't available and we don't know how many versions are out there.
Good luck everyone and we hope you appreciate all of the hard work that goes into creating some of these trainers (some take days and days of programming). We appreciate everyone that works hard to find and/or create these cheats.
[Edited by PWizard, 8/29/2006 2:04:11 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem