Thanks to @Soj277 for the previous guide, and the CheatHappens team for the latest trainer with GM option. I have found a way to make it work for me 100% of the time on latest game version 184.108.40.206 and its respective trainer.
0. Load up your save and make sure you have a backup just in case you screw something up: such as deleting an important quest item. Once in game press F1 to activate the trainer.
1. Walk up to an NPC; doesn't matter which one but I still prefer NPCs that won't matter like sheep, rats, or random kids [note that the character that talks to the NPC will be the game master after all this, meaning if you want to modify equipment of the game master, better unequip the items]
2. Alt + Tab out to the trainer, now scroll down and enable GM Mode manually by clicking on it's activate button [trainer will say “activated”] As a side note, I’ve found that using the hotkey results in my game disappearing and crashing on me
3. Alt + Tab back in the game, now possess the NPC and look inside its inventory - default hotkey I
4. Alt + Tab out to the trainer, now enable GM Mode again by manually clicking on it's activate button. It will act as though it was enabled a second time, rather than disabled. [trainer will say “activated”]
5. Alt + Tab back in the game, now close out of the inventory by pressing "ESC" twice and click the button labeled "To Game Master" on the right of where the health bar is displayed
6. Possess the NPC once more. At this point, the screen will go black, this is normal.
7. Alt + Tab out to the trainer, and enable GM Mode again [except this time the trainer will say “deactivated”]
8. Alt + Tab back in the game, and press ESC twice, at this point your screen should still be black with the exception of the hotbar and the health bar, notice beside the health bar there is a button "To Game Master" click on it
9. Now you can start managing inventories, other party member stats, inventory, skills, equipment, the caveat is there’s some limitations on modifying the GM character. But do note the GM inventory is always accessible by pressing the hotkey i
10. After you’re done doing all that, quicksave [default hokey F5] and quickload [default hotkey F6], THERE IS NO NEED to disable GM or anything like that.
Side note: I’ve found that after managing legendary items, and giving it extra stats [like strength, warfare, etc] after saving, the game thinks that the item is epic even though the look is still the same, name is still the same and works the same. But the item returns to epic instead of legendary even though the stats are far superior. No idea why, but it doesn’t really bother me cuz I still have OP stuff and so far through my play through I've encountered no problems and I'm on act II.
Thanks for reading, this was a long post, long enough to trigger the firewall of CheatHappens for using too many quotations.
This guide for GM mode worked fine for me. I was able to enter GM withoout problems, and as you said there is the need to alt-tab, otherwise it won't work.
I've still got a problem tho...
When I'm in GM mode I'm unable to create items. When I try to generate them the scroll menu with all kinds of equipment is black withoput choiches, and also if I try to spawn standard items with the spawn panel everything is empty and all the categories are locked.
Am I doping something wrong?
Thanks in advance!