originally posted by Zecola
Hi, figured id contribute with something that can be used while the game is still being patched often and trainer isn't being updated.
Basically the modifications/enhancements in the game can be modded and it is very easy to do so. Just remember backups!
As far as i can tell the AI vessels do not use enhancements, meaning this most likely will only affect you.
I will use shields as an example since it also practically makes you invulnerable depending on how much you mod them.
1. Identify the enhancement you want to alter. Remember you need to actually find it in the game. For the last game i started the "Vega I" shield mod was available from the start on Vigo station. The enhancement also has to have the effect you want, the Vega I has a 0.10 increase to shield regen rate.
2. go to your Starpoint Gemini 2 folder and go into \Spg2\Base.
3. Open "Shields.wdf" with wordpad (after making a backup).
4. search for Vega I in the shields.wdf - it will look like this:
9 Vega 21 15000 17 0.10 0 0 0 0 0 0 Spg2\Textures\GUI\enhancements.dds 3
5. 9=ID Vega=name 21=manufacturer 15000=price 17=modifier(type)
and the one we are interested in 0.10=multiplier to shield regen.
6. Alter 0.10 to 50.00
7. Save exit, load game and buy the enhancement if you didnt already. As long as you have 10-20% energy to shields you should now be able to fight dreadnoughts in a tiny gunship if that is what you want to. Similarly you can also change weapon mods for higher energy batteries and regen or crit% etc.
Thanx for the modding tip, cuz I just got the game, and love to mess with D' code