Dark Souls II Discussion
2) Make sure you don't have a VAC ban (a VAC ban on ANY game will prevent you playing Dark Souls 2 online).
It's only temporary. The have posted in the following sticky on the steam forums that they are aware of this and are trying to fix it. It's not intentional:
for Example... if i got VAC ban on my steam account
then i borrow my friend steam account to play i still can't connect to game server?
are you sure?
If you choose to purchase a new copy of the game, please register it or install it under a newly-created Steam account.
Now, that said; I've been using the trainer with the game fully blocked from going online. I've also archived up my offline save game and rename it before using a separate online save game without the trainer.
I have had no problems connecting to servers except when the Steam connection is lost. Losing that connection has nothing to do with VAC and everything to do with Valve needing more server capacity.
[Edited by IkaMusume, 4/30/2014 6:42:22 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem