Typical EA BS here. Anybody who disagrees with EA is a liar and shouldn't be taken seriously. Great customer relation skills. Amazon is full of people who bought the game and are ****ed off because there is no offline mode. Why is that so hard to understand? Can you show me the forum where people were upset because not only did Simcity 4 not require an always on internet connection, but they wanted a much smaller space to build their city in? Better yet, Both EA and Maxis screwed up royally and instead of owning up to it or fixing it, they sit there and say "sorry, doesn't fit in with our vision." I don't care about the free game they offered. It doesn't address the major problem. Your crap responses and lies represent the company as a whole and is exactly why EA is likely going to be voted the most hated company in America for the second year in a row. No company has ever done that before and with the likes of Bank of America around, that's REALLY impressive. Not only that, but it's also why the market cap for EA has gone from $16+ Billion in April of 2009 to around $5.3 Billion. Fast on its way to bankruptcy which will be AWESOME. People don't just hate EA for no reason. They hate it because of its policies, they hate it because it ruins game franchises that were once great and they hate it because of people like you.
- I didn't know they had an EA emoticon.
1. Watch how you talk to people, or your stay will be short. (considering you have been around 5 years I thought you would be man enough to figure out how to be nice to people)
2. These aren't lies, when it was showcased the Maxis representative clearly told everyone at E3 and people at home that it would be focusing on an online experience.
3. You then say anybody who disagrees with EA is a liar or shouldn't be taken seriously, you shouldn't be but not everyone else. If you want to throw out so much diatribe without reading what was said then go you. You are one of those Anti-EA people out there, you didn't even buy Sim City did you. No. You are just jumping on the bandwagon and trying to look intelligent about it but failing at it. The way you talked there to me shows it.
4. Like any company things can go bad and go wrong, not just EA but all companies. But most people are patient and understand, and had common sense enough to read up about a game before buying it. There was no deception played by EA or Maxis on Sim City they told people well into advance that it would be online and focused as such.
5. I work for Bioware under contract, but I have had my share of giving EA bad marks for titles that should have been done better, perhaps you should have checked up on things like that before you went on the attack. Utter childishness, "and they hate it because of people like you" just clarifies that.
[Edited by DABhand, 3/28/2013 7:16:38 PM]
FWIW I bought Simcity pretty much day 1, I assumed there were workarounds, I assumed people had come up with fixes, but....no. No workarounds, a lot of poor coverage in the press. A free game scheme that's been described as a cynical marketing ploy (why extend the period to register your game?), I think EA have a ton of issues with the title and need to work long and hard on fixing them
PS. I like to say GODDAMMIT EA you ruinend another game!! just because EA is easy to blame and its brand is better known to me
PPS. also this quote i think tells alot to.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
[Edited by Defion, 3/30/2013 11:23:37 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem