This is what worked for me.
1. Start trainer
2. Start game
3. Alt-Tab out of game to desktop
4. Click on game tab at bottom of desktop to bring it back to full screen.
5. Press F1 to activate trainer within game
6. Load up most recent game save
7. Click on Research tab in game (this should take you to the research facility).
8. Press "9" on your keypad. (You will hear activated)
9. Click on Research tab again to back out of research facility)
10. You should have 30,000 credits.
11. Go back into research facility and repeat. This time hold down "9" keypad button until you hear "Activated" over and over and over again. This will keep adding 30,000 credits each time.
12. Click on research tab again to get out of the research facility and should have a ton more credits.
13. SAVE YOUR GAME ONCE YOU HAVE THE DESIRED CREDITS!!
14. Exit game and start game without the trainer activated and load your last saved game you created in step 13. You should still have the desired credits. Up to you whether you want to play the game without the trainer at this point. I am. If you want the trainer for other options then exit game and start it again with the trainer activated.
Hope this works for someone. Worked for me.
I am using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. Don't know if it's an OS thing? Not sure why OS would have anything to do with it though? Memory is memory so it should work on any OS that can handle the game. Make sure you have Data Execution Prevention (DEP) turned off in your Windows OS settings. This can sometimes prevent memory addresses from being changed.
Three things I'd love to see, though:
You'll never guess what I've completely run out of...
[Edited by Phredd, 10/9/2012 10:49:50 PM]