Dead Island Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
Hopefully Steam or the developers found a fix for the saved game crashes by increasing the stack size of the inventory or something. I have been trying to be frugal in my collecting, but I'm a hoarder!
Thankfully the trainer allowed for more space, but somehow I managed to collect so much scrap metal that it ran over into three stacks. How I don't know, but something I read on the Steam Dead Island modding forum said that was bad!
If anyone figures out what they changed it would be nice to hear about it since Steam didn't offer any information.
- The "weapon throw + backspace" replication bug is gone. You cannot throw weapon and then press backspace to replicate weapon.
- Game is running better, I got 50FPS all the time, now I got 80FPS, with no lags.
- Fixed error when player had plugged in USB headphones and this caused the loud crackling. Also using the usb headphones no longer causes the game to crash to desktop. (For some users)
- Game works offline
- Intros stuttering has been fixed (at least for me)
- Game recovers corrupted saves.
- Removed 30 item stack limit. You can now have for example: one stack of 400 oleander. (So possibly fixed save game corruption due to stack limit)
- Fixed Y-Button on XBOX-Controller to bring up quest details
- Deo bombs stack works properly now
- Fixed crashes in multiplayer when player reach a checkpoint
SAVE GAMES ARE COMPATIBLE!
- Save game works on this update. No need to re-start campaign completely.
This is Changelog I found but Im still waiting for official one
[steam did a 3rd update today - what a messy process upgrade downgrade ] No worries pwiz is pretty decent about providng a cheat in couple days or so.. was sad loosing the dupe feature in game.. tc. doc. ps. from rock paper shotgun.
Dead Island’s PC launch was a bit of a messy business, which is why we here at Fortress Shotgun gave a solemn, grim-jawed nod upon hearing that devs Techland had decided to prioritise patching it over squeaking out downloadable content. The latter was delayed in favour of the former, and today we get a peek at which of their freeform zombie game’s guts they’ve been performing surgery on.
A few of the major fuel sources for the angry tank have been successfully identified and removed, including but not limited to: weapon duping, offline mode, savegame borking, disabling unwanted voice chat and, rather sadly, floating zombie corpses (well, re-corpses). I’ll miss you, lads.
Steam should auto-update your game right about now, and here are the full patch notes. Is your personal bugbear listed?
-Fixed running game on Steam in offline mode
-Fixed damaged saves when a player has more than 190 items in inventory (weapon or stacked items, counting in items from Jin’s storage and player inventory). Corrupted savegames will be recovered when possible.
-Fixed problems with unlocking “There and back again” with progress 72/72
-Fixed duplicating weapons: When throwing and dropping at one time; When dropping items from inventory
-Optimized scanning for friends-process, to decrease lobby server workload
-Fixed random freezes when playing 4 players coop no longer appear
-Fixed issues when using medkits from inventory menu
-Stacking items issue solved: miscellaneous items to 9999, medkits and alcohol to 30 instead of 10.
-Added the option to disable voice chat in game.
-Limited Jin’s storage capacity to 150
-Fixed: disappearing items when there is no place in inventory and a player tries to get an item from Jin’s storage
-Improved trading: items will be removed from the smallest stack instead of a random one.
-Fixed problems with corrupted profiles, which caused the game to start with black screen and freeze.
->>>>>>>> Fixed levitating zombies after killing < <<<<<<<
-Fixed not being able to show quest details in quest menu using Xbox controller
More to come, hopefully. I still haven’t played this properly yet – think I’ll wait it out for patches while the impending November glut of games happens. Then I can have myself a very gory, sweary little Christmastime.
<<[Update Trainer 1.2.1 Oct 11 2011 works ]>>
[Edited by juleksid27, 10/14/2011 6:47:17 AM]
There is a crash on start-up which can be resolved using the below workaround:
For English change Locale("EN" ) to Locale("en" ) in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dead island\DI\Data\game.ini" otherwise change the locale from uppercase to lowercase and it should work!
[Edited by Neo7, 10/20/2011 2:24:50 PM]
it is now version 1.3 and no trainers work with this version.
(luckily I didn't have any of the crashing on start up)
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem