maybe someone should post exactly what has updated. this collection of titles has been a giant time sink and ridiculous nuisance when it updates because of the following:
there is deus ex original game, then deus ex missing link, then there is deus ex director’s cut. each of these requires COMPLETELY NEW RESTART of the game from scratch. the directors cut is a completely new named .exe and new ‘boss battles’ and etc. which supposedly combines the normal deus ex and the missing link into one package. it literally takes 3 hours to progress into the game where you finally get ‘energy’ and can cast the ‘spells’ stuff. I have played the game TWICE already in the deus ex, then with the missing link. the same offsets for everything else (‘except energy’? then I guess) worked on all three games. why ‘energy’ doesn’t work on the director’s cut I have no idea, since I cannot test it here since I haven’t played the game for three more hours for the third time. but let me go over the entire thing again..
1) save games are not swappable, either between gamers, nor between versions of the game.
2) you can’t ‘start from’ the location you were at in previous versions, you HAVE to start over.
3) what “isn’t working"? did one or more of these games update? if so which ones?
4) we’ve gone over this in postings on the site.
5) I have read the threads and because of the various versions and confusion I don’t have a consensus of which game version has or hasn’t updated.
6) steam in all it’s glory lists all three games in the games list, but once you have purchased and installed the director’s cut, you can NOT go back and install vanilla deus ex. it auto sends you to the director’s cut. so I have NO IDEA if the old version updated or not and literally cannot do anything about it if so. if this isn't the case on YOUR system, its the case HERE.
7) this game has the anti cheat scanners in it. so the trainer has to be done via pointer chain and other methods. this means, that without being able to run the game and verify the pointer chain, I cannot confirm if options work or not. the ONLY thing I cannot test is the energy option, since it occurs later in the game. LIKEWISE, I cannot test vanilla deus ex AT ALL since we own the directors cut which mitigates the normal game (as well as your savegames are useless then as well). so updating this trainer isn’t like scan and search 10 second thing. I have to locate the ‘base’ address within the .exe and then remap the entire chain
so perhaps people can post
1) which game version are you playing? are you sure you are using the correct trainer with it? i.e. director's cut vs. normal version
2) if it is just energy that isn't working in the director's cut, we are aware of the problem for some people. however, we haven't played the game for the 3 third time for three hours to reach when you can finally use the energy.
3) what isn't working?