We've compared gaming performance between gtx 9600 g*gabyte and ASU* gtx 460 installed at same rig, same driver, same setting and same game (CoD: blackops).The result:
ASU* gtx 460 performing heavy gaming lags, while gtx 9600 g*gabyte is capable to run CoD: blackops almost with no lag
is it because GTX 9600 has higher core clock but lower shader unit number than gtx 460?
But it was an answer to someone who posted before me.
For the 460 and black ops, I have played Black Ops on a 460 and had no problems at all.
Many things it can come down to.
Driver installed wrong, swapping GPU's without properly installing drivers can cause problems. You can't have a 9600 installed then shut down a PC and take it out and place a 460 in it's place and expect it to work off the bat with the previous drivers installed.
Also the motherboard comes into play, it may be only a revision 1.x PCI-e slot, when the 460 is specifically designed to be used on a 2.x PCI-e slot (although they can be downgraded to 1.x slots but with obvious bandwith restrictions).
Also the Motherboards bandwith comes into play also, information to and from the CPU to the GPU can be bottlenecked, the game may see the 460 installed and has changed the game to run at the bandwith it can to the card but if the motherboard won't take it, then it simply can't and bottlenecking will occur.
Also CPU comes into play too.
[Edited by DABhand, 7/6/2011 12:18:49 PM]
I see we have a "professional" here..
1. For the 9600 and 460 comparison it wasn't that at all, someone posted that they could play the game fine on a 9600 and slowly on a 460, I posted a couple of possible reasons why that may be the case.
2. Acting smart and saying can nobody google or words to that effect doesn't make yourself look clever.
3. Calling people noobs without knowing their history or experiences, even if it was directed to me (A moderator) or any other user is against the rules of the forum.
4. Your experiences with the game does NOT mean it is the same with everyone, announcing that is what it is shows your inexperience to know what you are talking about.
However if you said "For myself I had a problem with x and y, have you tried that it may be possible that is what it is" then people might have listened to you, but you didn't - you jumped right in and declared THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG! May have been right for you but may not be right for the OP, hence why people are wanting more information and given possibles to try out so the OP can try them and find out, since its very difficult to diagnose problems when not in person with the OP.
Also, be careful how you speak to people as I have already said or you will find yourself using google looking for other sites to go act big in.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem