Fallout: New Vegas Discussion
The game will not automatic update anymore.
[Edited by Hikikomori, 10/21/2010 6:18:34 PM]
He's blaming steam because when he plays a game through there he can't choose when to patch, whereas with a non-steam game he would be able to decide when would be best time to patch, and so would be able to wait untill an updated trainer came out that matched the version patch he wanted to run.
It's not the patch that's the problem it's that he's lost control of the overall process.
And yes, I agree, steam sucks, and I won't play a game that I can only access through it.
In fact, I won't play any game which includes any superfluious process which has no direct benefit to me.
1) It allows me to sync both my machines with the games I've purchased from their store.
2) Many games also provide the Steam Cloud for synching game saves and such, not as useful for me but it does provide one other benefit, I categorize my games and it saves this information, including the shortcuts I created for non-Steam games.
3) Getting half price games and specials, back in July or the August they ran a half-price sale on Just Cause 2 and all the DLC content, got everything for less then $30.00
As for Fallout New Vegas... it didn't matter WHERE they decided to distribute from, it's one of those titles/series that is a MUST OWN. So I really DO get everyone's take on it.
At least for Germany the games in the steam store cost as much or more then outside in a store or amazon. So when buying the retail version I got a DVD, handbook and not just a stupid digital download which takes time.
Well just a question but perhaps in other countries the digital version is cheaper?
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem