Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA 4) Discussion
- STARTS UP PERFECTLY! NO CRASHES!
- NO GLITCHES!
- SHADOWS LOOK O.K. NOW (STILL NOT NICE BUT O.K.)
- RESOURCE-HUNGER STILLED!!!! EVERYBODY CAN RUN IT!!
- FULL DETAILS! FULL VIEWING DISTANCE!
- HIGH QUALITY RENDERING & TEXTURES!!
- ANY RESOLUTION YOU WANNA HAVE!
1.Install the game fully & sign up for all the thing they want you to sign up for. (You NEED the Rockstargames SocialClub Account!!!)
2. CREATE A SHORTCUT OF YOUR LaunchGTAIV.exe and put it nicely on your desktop.
3. Rightclick on that shortcut and go to properties!
4. ENTER THE FOLLOWING PART OF THE CODE AFTER THE PATH: -windowed <---------- THIS IS CRUCIAL!!!
5. Behind that enter YOUR CHOSEN RESOLUTION like this: -width=1680 -height=1050 (You can chose ANY resolution you want as long as your VGA and Monitor support it.)
6. Behind that CHOSE YOUR DETAILS with the following piece of code: -texturequality=2 -renderquality=4 -detailquality=99 -viewdistance=99
7. In the end your commandline should look something like this (with your proper specifications ofc):
"D:\Games\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -windowed -texturequality=2 -renderquality=4 -detailquality=99 -viewdistance=99 -width=1680 -height=1050
8. Startup Rockstargames Social Club and LOG ON! IT's CRUCIAL THAT YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT AND ARE LOGGED ON!
9. Do not start the game through the provided button in the up-popping menu of Rockstargames Social Club. Just minimize it to the tray.
10. Start the game through your shortcut of LaunchGTAIV.exe and ENJOY !!!!
NOTE: You dont have to play in window mode every time. All you have to do is just play in window mode once and then rollback the procedure and play it normally. You will notice that you have no error code anymore.
NOTE2: Credit to "Loosha" from GTA forum.
NOTE3: I used to have "RESC10" error every time i play but now i dont have that error anymore(Been playing for 3 hours now)
NOTE4: 100% NOT RockStar Approved.
Heres the BenchMark Result after the fix.
Average FPS: 58.13
Duration: 37.66 sec
CPU Usage: 68%
System memory usage: 69%
Video memory usage: 40%
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Very High
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 100
Detail Distance: 100
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
Video Driver version: 220.127.116.111
Audio Adapter: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz
File ID: benchmark.cli
[Edited by vosszaa, 12/8/2008 9:22:53 PM]
Have u tried it yourself?
It works for me and my 2 other friends who has different issue.
How to create and where to place Commandline.txt
Step 1.) click start, all programs, accessories, notepad.
Step 2.) copy and paste the following into notepad:
Step 3.) Select File, Save As and call it commandline.txt (Please make sure to pay attention to where you saved the file save it to the desktop if your unsure where the default save place is.
Step 4.) Double click MyComputer, C Drive (or your default letter where you installed the game), Program Files, Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto IV.
Step 5.) place the commandline.txt file in the Grand Theft Auto IV folder you just opened in Step 4.
Step 6.) Start the game go to graphics and set them how want Rage will still warn you your exceeding your limits but you can now freely max all the settings including your resolution.
Also someone else added this information after i posted this guide.
-benchmark: Runs the benchmark tool and immediately exits game.
-help: Display list of all command line options
-renderquality: Set the render quality of the game. (0-4)
-shadowdensity: Set the shadow density of the game. (0-16)
-texturequality: Set the texture quality of the game. (0-2)
-viewdistance: Set the view distance of the game (0-99)
-detailquality: Set the detail quality of the game. (0-99)
-novblank: Disable wait for vblank (No Vsync)
-norestrictions: Do not limit graphics settings
-width: Set width of main render window (default is 800)
-height: Set height of main render window (default is 600)
-safemode: Run the graphics in the lowest setting possible
-frameLimit: Limit frame to interval of refresh rate (ex If refreshrate is 60HZ –frameLimit 1 = Locks down to 60HZ)
-refreshrate: Set the refresh rate of main render window – Warning - Monitor must support (ex. –refreshrate 60)
-fullscreen: Force fullscreen mode
-windowed: Force windowed mode
-availablevidmem: Set amount of physical Video Memory(ex. –availablevidmem 0.9)
-percentvidmem: Percentage of video memory to make available to GTA
-fullspecaudio: Force high-end CPU audio footprint
-minspecaudio: Force low-end CPU audio footprint
-noprecache: Disable precache of resources
-nomemrestrict: Disable memory restrictions
This is a copy of what I placed in my commandline.txt which enabled the game to actually utilize my my videocard fully I still have some lag but not nearly as bad and all the graphics load up now no more missing streets or unfocused textures.
I still suggest useing auto config as this rid me of 90% of my framerate drops yes it might not look super pretty but its not that much of a diffrence and I am playing with my max rez of 1920x1080
Hope this helps you guys out ^_^
[Edited by BluntMonger, 12/8/2008 11:33:25 PM]
[Edited by BluntMonger, 12/8/2008 11:34:38 PM]
Intel Core2Duo E6850 3Ghz
4GB DDR2 800Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 280GTX 1GB
I knew i wouldn't be able to max it out, but i would have expected to get a decent framerate out of the game at medium at the very least.....but low, medium, high, max its all the same....slow
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem