Brutal Legend Discussion
I'm a novice when it comes to knowledge about game debugging but since most games have credits with more personel listed that it takes to produce a major motion picture one would think by the time the game is released in any format it would have been thoroughly tested on all operating sytems.
There are literally tens of thousands of hardware and software configurations out there right now. It would take a team of several hundred to thoroughly test the game on each and every system configuration, and possibly even a few months if not a whole year, while during this time new hardware and software is being released.
The best thing you can do is to try and make your game as compatible as possible with the most popular builds and then wait for people with the more obscure builds to report the problems.
It's one of the biggest concerns Developers have when releasing a game on the PC, just a hand full of game breaking bugs and the community is up in arms ready to lynch the first Developer they see.
Where as with XBOX and PS everyone is using the same hardware and software, which makes it easy to test and to patch.
That being so then I guess from now on I'll leave the autoupdate off since on the majority of the games with many updates I have not experienced any problems before the updates came out.
That is usually the best option to take, as soon as there is a stable update that you're happy with and you intend to use mods or trainers, then turn auto-update off. And then update as the modders / trainers update.
We have released another patch to the game. We have a lot of big fixes and will continue to work on the remaining issues and listening to the feed back from out community. It is important to us to give you the best experience possible.
• Fixes bug where players who started playing single player on or after the 28th of February would be unable to continue their save. All of the saved data should be intact. This bug was that the game was falsely reporting that there were no save games and now that’s fixed.
• Interpolated re-enabled with improved logic to avoid the post-pause stutter and to generally be smoother than before.
• Alt+Tab works much better in the albumn cover menu. Backgrounds no longer go black when alt+tabbing. Some UI textures may still exhibit problems elsewhere in the game.
• Matchmaking will allow a much broader range of players to match with one another, fixing some reported problems of players not finding any matches or finding the same person over and over again.
• Steam Cloud support has been added and is working!!!
Major Known Issues
• Alt+Tab still causes graphical issues when used in some menus.
• Game is pretty CPU intensive for some machines, especially laptops and lower-core computers. We’re working on additional optimizations for these systems now.
• Micro-stutters still present at very high framerates. The team is still investigating the root cause of this issue.
No idea if that's for the first Feb 28th update which came out during the afternoon here or for the second smaller update which came out around 22.30 judging by the dates on the modified files.
This game freakin' updated AGAIN!!
I even have it set to do not automatically download updates, went to play the game and it forced the damn update..
FFS, enforces the nocd idea at the moment..
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.