Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Discussion
[Edited by imaculate, 2/5/2012 8:53:01 PM]
That pretty much sums it up, 8.5/10, worth buying.
1. You can remap keys.
2. You cant compare it to Skyrim, they are very different games.
3. Graphics are definitely not up to par for 2012 game, but they are good.
4. The controls are definitely directly ported from console. They are not made with PC user in mind.
5. Crafting tries to be like Elder Scrolls, but definitely fails. Its not bad, its just not good.
6. Conversations are all voices, and the acting is pretty good.
7. While its true that the game does not offer the exploration experience games like Skyrim do. Its a very large game, and the combat system is 100% better then the one in Skyrim.
8. Dude that was stuck in the beginning, you have be smarter then glowing lever.
Some Nvidia users like myself will have an issue with the game crashing, unless you create a profile. Google it, there is simple fix.
Overall its a good action RPG game.
[Edited by gutkin, 2/7/2012 8:18:59 AM]
Offering a rating based on the demo is not fair to people looking to buy this game. The demo is bad, and most online game sites have already discussed it. Stupid move to release a bad demo.
[Edited by gutkin, 2/7/2012 8:20:31 AM]
First, IT'S NOTHING LIKE SKYRIM - and to me - That's a good thing! Skyrim is a good game but there's something fun about a good RPG that has cartoon fantasy graphics and Skyrim just seems blah and dull to me with it's dreary winter sky and dull lifeless environments. Skyrim almost depresses me to play it. Oblivion was much more colorful and fantasy-like RPG to me than Skyrim and I found it more enjoyable for that reason.
There is nothing wrong with the graphics. They are supposed to be bright and colorful!
This is a classic fantasy RPG game with all the bells and whistles. My only gripe is with the camera. I wish there were more options.
I feel like this game is a perfect blend of Fable III (for the fantasy cartoon graphics) Oblivion (for the RPG elements and magic) and The Witcher 2 (for the combat).
gave it 3/10
cant even change controls, when you do you change the camera to the same keys, pathetic work
I don't even need to be sarcastic to point out the flaws in this post. I like when people do my job for me.
The best bet for right now would be to use Steam since there is already a trainer made for it. I believe they are making a trainer for the Origin version as well but are having problems purchasing the game because of the server.
This game is just a terrible PC port as usual, definitely an rpg meant to stay on consoles. There are so many things annoying about this game but ill mention the main ones.
1. The number one most annoying and game breaking thing about this game for me was the camera angle/zoom(lack there of)/fov. The camera is just absolutely atrocious it hurts to play. Zoom is way too close and no zoom out option. Sometimes youll find yourself fighting monsters completely out of view of the action.
2. Questing is trash and worse than quest grinding in an MMO like wow for example.
3. The story is completely uninteresting made me just skip most the dialog at most points.
4. Graphics are dated back to 2004 comparable to World of Warcraft level almost.
5. Lack of faster travel like a mount/horse
6. Ive played WoW for years and this game copies just about everything, with less polish and nobody to play with. Save your money and resubscribe to wow for a month its a much better deal.
There is really only one thing that makes this game even worth sitting through for an hour and that is the combat it is very rewarding and fun. Thats about the only thing this game does right. The reviewers at IGN must have lost their F'ing minds or got paid to give this game a 90 of 100. This game is atrocious.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem