Just Cause 2 Discussion
I recently downloadted the JC2 trainer (i own the steam standart version of the game), and when i start the trainer, an error shows up saying that "Windows cannot find speciefied device,adress or file. You may not have the required authorization to acess this file".
Anyone can help?
Bear in mind thats a literal translation so, i apologise if the message isnt the correct one.
First, verify that you are running the trainer as an administrator user (or the admin user itself) or disable UAC in control panel (assuming you are on a Windows Vista/7 machine). This, by the way, is all in the troubleshotting guide on this site. If that's all in order, follow on..
Is the trainer by any chance running from an external/secondary drive (IE. not your main OS/system drive)? In any case, it sounds like a windows permission issue (normally this occurs on server machines, not the general home PC). Not sure what you've done though as it was obviously working before. Try this:
1) Right-click the file and choose properties
2) Click the Security tab
3) Click Edit, in the name box type "Everyone"
4) In the permissions boxes below put "Full Control" for Everyone
5) Click OK and close the dialog boxes
6) Try to copy the file you just modified.
If that doesn't work, try this:
1) Run regedit (start -> run -> type: regedit)
2) Find the key
3) To grant users execute permission on mapped drives, set
ExecuteFromMappedDrive to 1.
To deny users execute permission on mapped drives, set (to revert back if need be):
ExecuteFromMappedDrive to 0.
4) Restart the PC to effect the changes.
Report back with the results,
*EDIT* - Just found this bit of info on the web which may well be the cause (even though it appears to be a permissions issue):
On the Windows 2003 server, go to add/remove windows components, then uninstall the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security component.
If that applies to you/your system, give it a go and see what happens
[Edited by PhoenixCH, 4/6/2010 2:30:49 AM]
Im on Vista, and im running it as admin. The trainer itself is running from my desktop.
I rebooted the pc as well but yet it remains.
Ill reply as soon as possible tho it might take a while sinse im gonna go to sleep.
Correct, due to DX10. So all that server/win2003-related stuff I posted can pretty much be thrown out. Not sure what the issue is then. Any other trainers working for you? Have they ever on that Vista system?
PS: As i said before im running on windows vista.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Unlimited Ammo/Clip
• Unlimited Explosives/Grenades
+ 5 more options