Defense Grid: The Awakening Discussion
[Edited by savvart, 7/18/2012 8:37:03 PM]
Would really love another Update if possible... this game rocks!
maybe someone can contact the developers and ask them why?
the best i can tell, all they are doing is adding advertisements and links to defense grid 2..
i am sitting on this game until it quits patching..
Lets hope the patches finally stop (for good) and the final trainer is released.
Love your work.
18 Jul 2012 Defense Grid Updated
Product Update - Valve
Defense Grid update:
- NEW: Added a scrolling marquee to the Main Menu and Mission Selection to individually thank all of our Kickstarter donors!
- Added in some logging to track down leaderboard issues a few people have been having.
- SECOND WEEKLY GAME UPDATE OF FIVE: To celebrate the new Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter we’ll be updating the game with new content over the next four weeks. To view and enter the contests, go to the Contest button on the Main Menu.
- NEW CONTEST: Play the new mode, “Shredder”, added to the “Borderlands” map “Infiltration”.
- NEW CONTEST: Play the mode “Fully Loaded”, in “The Awakening” map “Barrier to Entry”.
- NEW CONTEST: Play the “Alien Breeder” mini-game.
- NEW CONTEST: Create your own Defense Grid fan trailer video.
- NEW CONTEST: Create the most popular Defense Grid fan trailer video.
- Cheat codes that may help in creating your fan trailer. While playing a level, each cheat code is entered on the keyboard and must be proceeded by “=” or “4”. Then type one of the codes listed below.
- happerdown = Enables/disables music playback.
- hideui = Show/hide the user interface.
- hidecursor = Show/hide the reticle in the center of the screen.
- riotmod = Enter/exit free camera mode to let you fly around the level. The camera can ONLY be controlled by using a game pad.
- Left thumbstick = Rotate the camera up/down/left/right.
- Right thumbstick = Move the camera up/down/left/right.
- Left shoulder button = Move the camera forward.
- Right shoulder button = Move the camera backward.
- The A and B buttons still function as normal to build and upgrade towers.
It would appear to be getting regular updates for at least 4 weeks whilst they have a contest it seems, so maybe hold off any updates until then? I would hate to lose the trainer privileges due to them updating for a bloody promo
attaching as a quote doesn't appear to work, but you get what I am saying I hope
I wish I had looked at this page earlier, I could have helped clear things up. I'm sorry, you work your tails off for us and I just now thought to see how all this might be affecting things.
I can tell you exactly why, it's because of the Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter. Which will be over in a few days, this constant patching should be done soon.
With each patch, they've been adding in new modes to existing levels, new features, updating the list of names of backers, etc., as part of their efforts to get publicity and participation from users as the kickstarter has gone on.
I am keeping a VERY close eye on all this because I've got a bit of a weird situation with my funding, pledged at two exclusive tier levels and they're working with me to make sure that I get the correct rewards, so I'll be in direct communication with the developers during the post-Kickstarter phase.
If you want, I'll be happy to let you know when all the patching stops - with the Kickstarter funded and about to be over, I wouldn't expect many more.
Please don't retire it, as they'll be adding a proper expansions a la the Borderlands, Resurgence. and You Monster campaign packs before too long. That's the top guarantee of having it funded at $250,000 (which it is now), and I wouldn't want to miss out on the fun of bending the rules after playing the new content legitimately!
After that they'll almost certainly be leaving it alone as they'll be working on Defense Grid 2, and it'll probably be the last patch (barring bug-fixes or DG2 launch hype in a year or whatever).
[Edited by Agreed, 8/12/2012 3:26:41 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
firewall and other security software.
on trainer and game.
version and distribution.
• 5000 Cores
• 5000 Bonus Point Multiplier