originally posted by superweapons
Play on ranked multiplayer games or:
Note: This modification should only work on your computer and any games you host. Also, this was done with WinRAR installed.
1. Go to your Battlefield 2 installation directory (default: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\)
2. Find and enter the 'mods' folder
3. Enter the 'bf2' folder
4. Find 'objects_server.zip' in the list of files
5. Make a backup of the original 'objects_server.zip' file by copying it to the same directory and renaming the copy to something like '-orig-objects_server.zip'
6. Extract 'objects_server.zip' to a folder named 'objects_server'
7. Right-click the folder and go to 'Properties'
8. Under the 'General' tab, de-select the query 'Read-Only' and click OK
9. There should be a text box that asks whether you want to apply only to the 'objects_server' folder individually, or all of its sub-folders and files. Select 'Apply to this folder, subfolders, and files', then click OK
10. Open the new folder
11. Enter the 'Kits' directory
12. Go into one of the folders that corresponds to the side that you wish to modify kit weapons ('ch', 'Mec', 'US', and 'EU' if you have the Euro Forces booster pack)
13. Open any of the .con files, except for the side you chose_common.con and side that you chose_kits.con
14. There should be a text box that pops up asking you how to open the file. Choose to select a program from a list
15. From the list, choose: 'Notepad'
16. Find these 2 text strings: 'ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 1' and 'ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 2' (second one is if you have the Special Forces expansion pack)
17. Above each of the text strings, there should be ObjectTemplate.addTemplate weapon unlock. That is the weapon you will unlock
18. Modify the text string to 'ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 0' for each of the unlocks you wish to have
19. Save the file(s) you modified
20. Make a copy of the entire 'Kits' folder, and paste it in the mods/bf2 directory
21. Drag the 'Kits' folder into the 'objects_server.zip' .zip file
22. It should replace the files
23. Start Battlefield 2 and test it out