Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Discussion
Wednesday, 9 April, 2008 at 16:59 PST | Demonic Spoon | Print News
Company of Heroes Release Notes
- Resolved a game arbitration issue when the game resulted in a sync error.
- Fixed World Builder to export correctly. All custom maps should now save correctly. Be sure to re-save your custom maps to carry over these properties.
- Updated save game version. Save games previous to 2.300 will not be compatible with the current version of Company of Heroes.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to teleport garrisoned troops.
-!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -dev mode has been re-enabled. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- British Bren carriers and Bren gunners will no longer be able to button Flakvierlings, 88s, AT guns, Howitzers.
- Strafing run has been tuned.
- US M8 Greyhound and Wehrmacht SdKfz 234 Armoured cars have had their target accuracy modifiers reduced from 0.73 and 0.82 respectively to .9.
- US M8 Greyhound and SdKfz 234 Armoured Cars moving accuracy modifiers changed from 0.6 to 0.8.
- Light vehicle received accuracy modifier on light engine damage critical changed from 1.25 to 1.35.
- Sniper detection radius reduced from 3m to 1m.
- Panzer Elite Defensive Veterancy Vehicle modifiers tuned at vet levels 2 and 3. Received accuracy and damage modifiers reduced, health maximum modifiers reduced.
- Panzer Elite 222 Armoured cars have their health bonus at Vet 1 reduced from 30 to 15.
- Several map weather settings have been tuned.
- The Scheldt - Two bridges to centre island replaced with land bridges.
- Hochwald Gap - Tweaked territory near bridge crossings, widened bridge crossings from each base, removed a large number of fx markers.
- St. Mere Dumont - several buildings replaced so window facings are more equitable between north and south facing.
- St. Mere Dumont - moved some fuel points to prevent them from being captured on the wrong side of a wall.
- Wrecked Train - cleared some debris from the center of the map
- Wrecked Train - removed some tank traps blocking access to one of the fuel points
- Langres - Moved one of the strategic points slightly. Rebalanced VP locations slightly so that both have equal coverage from defensive buildings.
- Beaux Lowlands - Updated to 3 VPs
- Beaux Lowlands - replaced high munition point with strategic point.
- Sturzdorf - bottom player has one extra ramp up to the high fuel area.
- Minor pathing changes to Linden to enable Kettens to capture a point.
- Verriers Ridge - added version of map with no repairable bunkers (playable with Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts).
Plus: Some console changes that we will provide more information about when the patch goes live.
Grateful as I am that they are continuing to improve the game, it should also be noted that saved games in previous versions will be incompatible with 2.301, so if you're at a good spot in a campaign and don't want to lose it, consider that as well.
Currently it simply does not exist, it is the number of the "patch yet to come", when that will be no one outside of Relic studios can tell you, but supposedly it's coming soon (now that we're already pushing a month since 2.3 broke the -dev command... bout time...).
All you can do is be patient, if you have auto patched through the game interface before, it will do so again the moment the 2.301 patch is made available, but until then nobody has it. If you don't like to auto patch like me, there will be countless mirror hosting sites like gamershell.com that will have it when it's made available as well.
Right now it is this "C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -Dev
Saturday, 29 March, 2008 at 23:58 PST | Pyros | Print News
Just a reminder for those participating in the official map making contest or those wishing to simply play some of the great user made maps, there is an unofficial fix by community modding genius Corsix that corrects the bug that locks out user-made maps as of patch 2.300. It can be found here:
Download it here and unrar to your CoH folder. RelicCOH.exe has -dev permanently turned off in 2.300, and the RelicCOHUnblocked.exe you just unrared has -dev permanently turned on. Set your shortcuts to use the unblocked EXE if you want dev mode. For convenience, the included batch file can be used to swap the two files over - simply double click RelicCOHSwap(.bat) to swap -dev mode between permanently off and permanently on.
Because this patch enables the -dev command, you will only be able to play online with other players using this -dev fix. If you wish to play online normally, simply use the standard CoH shortcut or used the included .batch file to switch.
very good - works for me, found on planetcoh.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=149621
and FOW_RevealAll works again. Even in 2.300 version
[Edited by grandovan, 4/23/2008 8:08:09 AM]
devmode works, but trainer 2.300 does not. My luck never changes.
[Edited by grandovan, 4/23/2008 8:43:41 AM]
[Edited by grandovan, 4/23/2008 8:44:20 AM]
finally done - works both the trainer and the devmode (RelicCOHSwap(.bat) file has to be doubleclicked and everything works definitely fine)
[Edited by grandovan, 4/23/2008 9:30:01 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem