I'm a new user and as such, am hesitant to post this but I'm in urgent need of some assistance. I have followed the various FAQs and tips posted throughout these forums, but have not yet found the solution to my problem.
Upon opening and activating the trainer in-game, I am immediately given an error that states I'm missing the vcredist executables.
Trainer Engine: 2.56 (with Log-System v1.2)
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 8.1
OS Platform: 64-Bit
Running as administrator: True
Installed Antivirus: Windows Defender
Installed Firewall: No Firewall
System.Exception: Please install BOTH 'vcredist_x86.exe' AND 'vcredist_x64.exe', using the following link: www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784
After installation restart your computer and try again.
at Kingdom_CH.TrainerEngine.InjectDLL(String libPath)
at Kingdom_CH.TrainerEngine.AttachToProcessByName(String pProcess, Boolean pMultiProcesses, Int32 pID, ProcessAccessFlags pAccessFlag)
at Kingdom_CH.Form1.tHotkeys_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I have .NET Framework installed (v4.6) and the latest package (2015). I do not have AVG installed and am currently using Windows 8.
What am I doing wrong?
If it still crashes then the VC++ redist installation is broken and you will have to uninstall completely and reinstall it. Not to forget to restart the system to.
[Edited by ServiusTheBear, 10/22/2015 11:28:10 AM]
The same error persists. Is there anything else that could possibly be the issue? Reinstall Framework? Only use VC++ 2013?
Edit: Installed the 2013 version, still not working. I can't understand what is going on.
[Edited by beelockee, 10/22/2015 12:33:19 PM]
1. Does it happen with just this one game or all games?
2. Does it happen only after you try to activate a trainer or even if you don't have the trainer running?
3. Have you tried to verify integrity of game cache or reinstall the game?
I'm not a big Steam user, so Kingdom is the only game I have installed.
I "acquired" Plague Inc: Evolved to test your hypothesis and I see now that there may be an issue with the Kingdom trainer rather than my system settings. There are no issues opening and activating the Plague Inc trainer.
[Edited by beelockee, 10/22/2015 1:24:11 PM]
2. After installation you MUST perform a reboot. This is not a typical phrase, its required.
3. After installation and reboot it should work.
If it still does not work and only then, it might be a corrupted VC++ installation or a missing TMP variable.
In this case this is what Microsoft tells:
1. Goto My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables.
2. Select TEMP System Variable and Click Edit.
3. Validate the path. Set it to a valid folder on the local machine.
[Edited by 0x90, 10/22/2015 2:24:15 PM]
I've posted screenshots so that you can see what I'm seeing:
I've validated %SystemRoot%\TEMP and it paths correctly.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem