The graphics is nice, but gameplay (when compared to Blitzkrieg mod in the original game) is a joke.
Think I'll stick to Blitzkrieg for now. I mean seriously, Panzer IV and T34 have to shoot 10 projectiles at each other before one explodes. Totally unrealistic. 50 cal MGs can't hit anything, even when they are 2 feet away. It's like Vanilla CoH in every way, except it looks better.
Also there is far too little units too chose from. Not bashing the game, but it looks like it's a repetition of what we already seen with nothing new to offer except the fact that it's become like every other multiplayer game out there with achievements and crap.
P.S. The AI still loves to spam mortars. Waaaay too much.
- No defences for russia, big mistake, makes them even weaker compared to Axis
- Every Axis foot unit got effective AT, all russia gets is a ability, that first needs researching, and then costs ammo to use, contra the panzerschreck, which is unlimited once you buy it
- Tried a few 1vs1 tests, with panther vs IS-2, 5 out of 6 times, with the front to each other, the panther won, for god sake, the IS-2 musters a 122 mm gun, and was designed specifically to deal with panthers and tigers!
- The whole icestorm feature, good on paper, bad in-game, adds even more to the Axis, as they got the better tanks
- Unlock system, if i wanted that, i would be playing CoD, it got no plaze in a RTS
- Gameplay is somewhat slow?, the income compared to the cost of units seems very unbalanced
Also needs more maps like Lyon from COH1. You know, a map cut in half by bridges, you blow them up, block the indestructible one so the enemy can't attack you before you make an army and then just run them over.