Wondering if anyone has a set of just-arrived characters (commando at least) at Sanctuary?
Wonder if you can change a character's class after you have played for a while.
The current editor here works but only sporatically, which is fine with me. Once it syncs with the program though, it works great, except if you change characters, it crashes with a divide zero error. Also in case you missed it, a great hint for the Editor is once you verify it is running and you make a change, be sure to tab through all the GUI choices, maps, quests, etc. when you return to inventory your changes should be there.
It's really a wonderful program and completely rescued, for me anyway, a completely UNPLAYABLE game! What were they thinking of? Welhielm is rediculously difficult, and I just cannot see how anyone could do the final boss without a fully filled-out character; even then, it's the toughest fight ever, so THANKS for this game-leveler, this great tool that will allow me to enjoy literally hundreds of hours of fun instead of being deleted! * * * * * 5 STARS.
1. Change its class.
2. Assign it a new, unused "save slot" number (important)
3. Give it a specific in-game character name
4. Change its level, then "sync" the total exp points to its level (important)
5. Flip to the Backpack tab and "sync" all your gear to match its level (less important; sometimes you might want your gear to be lower level than your player level to fine tune difficulty to your liking)
6. Assign the head you want (your old class head is removed when you change the class)
7. Assign the skin you want (your old class skin is also removed when you change the class)
8. Save the file as a new .sav file with a name that matches the unused save slot you chose.
When you select that new save file in the game itself, at first the model shown on the select screen will still be your old class. That's okay; start the game. Everything will look fine in the game and after you exit and save the correct model will show in the main menu and char selection screen.
You will of course need to reassign all your skill points to the new skill tree, and you will of course have an empty Class Mod slot in your equipped inventory and will need to find/make a proper class mod for that class.
You can find an installable exe version of the editor in the "Save / Item editor?" thread (www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=114403&titleID=18787). Be sure to always to the last page of the thread (and work backward, if needed) to check status on the latest version.
BTW to get your set of "just arrived" characters at Sanctuary, just roll a new char and run it through to Sanctuary, then dupe and modify for each class as described above. It takes only 30-60 minutes to get to Sanctuary on a new character if you know what you're doing and don't get sidetracked.
[Edited by shaktibhakti, 12/26/2012 8:18:49 AM]
• Unlimited Health
+ 16 more options