I am finding diablo3 to be extremely a fail game. Between server crashes and problems with classes I know Diablo3 is not what I was hoping it to be. It looks like torchlight 2 is everything d3 should of been. I am going to be a avid torchlight 2 player. Anyone agree or disagree?
Edit: Torchlight2 Vs Diablo3 should of been title.
I have to agree. Mainly for the fact that the team making Torchlight 1 & 2 is the team that did D1 and D2. So not sure how you make D3 with a new team. I guess you see what happens when you do that. Not so hot from what i have been reading. I was wise and did not buy it. Also Torchlight is more Indie and that is most of the games i have been playing as of late. Mainly cause they are what i am looking for
You really can't argue with a price point like that...
It's practically immune to fault when you can infinitely refrain to "IT WAS TWENTY DOLLARS!"...
The first one was VERY good, won TONS of praise, and deserved every last bit of it, the sequel looks to be that much better and I frankly am eager as I can be for it!
All that said, D3 so far has been a series of "Charlie Foxtrot" decisions by Blizzard, and I'm -HOPING- it will pull itself out of these problems and never return to them very soon.
I couldn't help but at the phonetic there.
From what I played of the beta, Torchlight 2 improves on the first in just about every way... which is kind of saying a lot for me, personally. Multiplayer was fun despite blindly picking who I'd be playing co-op with, which is a rarity.
And hey, Runic actually supports modding. And less-than-intrusive DRM.
1. Barbarians in inferno do not compare to ranged. While ranged are farming Act4 we are stuck at Act2.
2. Skill placement, probably the worst system I have ever seen. Makes customization of chars. impossible almost. Diablo3 automatically sets str, wis, int etc.
3. Legendary weapons are not what a legendary is supposed to be in my mind esp. when the rares are better So I get stuck having to farm rare mobs instead of big game.
4. The multi-player seems to be not very interactive. This could just be pushing my luck with what is a problem. I just never find any interaction where I add someone. As everyone has cookie cutter chars. Sure some people have more skill then others, but I have just not found any reason to add someone.
5. AH is down a lot. I have been having major server issue problems since launch. Game 10 years in the making should have this handled in my honest opinion.
I think Torchlight 2 is the big winner. There are many people who complain about the Error x. Diablo costs 60$ or € (even more expensive, Blizzard really grab deep into Europeans' purses...) and is not able to have stable servers. They knew there would be a very big rush, many stores didn't have any copies left and a lot of players bought this game at Battlenet. Now often this game is a waste of several GBs on the hard disk because you can't log in and you cannot even play singleplayer. Nothing. They don't care for their customers. They care of the money-AH. They just want to make more money. Thanks Blizzard.
Torchlight 2 comes now after the bitter disappointment and has a singleplayer and multiplayer/coop. Customers on Steam pay either 20$ or 18€ (no $=€) and you get Torchlight 1 for free. In € it's like paying 14€ for Torchlight 1 and 4€ for Torchlight 2. What a nice deal. And if even this game doesn't hit the expectations people wouldn't regret this buy that much as unhappy Diablo 3 customers. I hope we'll get more RP in it.
AND I hope the enemies are better balanced. I don't want to do this in Torchlight: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4 (It's a nice reallife video that should demonstrate what tactic is the best in Inferno in Diablo 3)