Torchlight II Discussion
Edit: Torchlight2 Vs Diablo3 should of been title.
[Edited by brandon_varn, 5/30/2012 6:08:41 PM]
You really can't argue with a price point like that...
It's practically immune to fault when you can infinitely refrain to "IT WAS TWENTY DOLLARS!"...
The first one was VERY good, won TONS of praise, and deserved every last bit of it, the sequel looks to be that much better and I frankly am eager as I can be for it!
All that said, D3 so far has been a series of "Charlie Foxtrot" decisions by Blizzard, and I'm -HOPING- it will pull itself out of these problems and never return to them very soon.
I couldn't help but at the phonetic there.
From what I played of the beta, Torchlight 2 improves on the first in just about every way... which is kind of saying a lot for me, personally. Multiplayer was fun despite blindly picking who I'd be playing co-op with, which is a rarity.
And hey, Runic actually supports modding. And less-than-intrusive DRM.
1. Barbarians in inferno do not compare to ranged. While ranged are farming Act4 we are stuck at Act2.
2. Skill placement, probably the worst system I have ever seen. Makes customization of chars. impossible almost. Diablo3 automatically sets str, wis, int etc.
3. Legendary weapons are not what a legendary is supposed to be in my mind esp. when the rares are better So I get stuck having to farm rare mobs instead of big game.
4. The multi-player seems to be not very interactive. This could just be pushing my luck with what is a problem. I just never find any interaction where I add someone. As everyone has cookie cutter chars. Sure some people have more skill then others, but I have just not found any reason to add someone.
5. AH is down a lot. I have been having major server issue problems since launch. Game 10 years in the making should have this handled in my honest opinion.
And that is why I will be going to tourchlight2.
Torchlight 2 comes now after the bitter disappointment and has a singleplayer and multiplayer/coop. Customers on Steam pay either 20$ or 18€ (no $=€) and you get Torchlight 1 for free. In € it's like paying 14€ for Torchlight 1 and 4€ for Torchlight 2. What a nice deal. And if even this game doesn't hit the expectations people wouldn't regret this buy that much as unhappy Diablo 3 customers. I hope we'll get more RP in it.
AND I hope the enemies are better balanced. I don't want to do this in Torchlight: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4 (It's a nice reallife video that should demonstrate what tactic is the best in Inferno in Diablo 3)
[Edited by lessus, 6/2/2012 6:38:50 AM]
as said above. Talent tree is Crappy u cant really make ur own build without getting raped in Inferno.
Gear is WAYYYYYYY to much needet for Resistance and Psysical resistance... not much room for Str and so..
Prices on Auction house is just WAYYYY to overpriced.
So therefore.. TORCHLIGHT 2 When u come out.. <3 i will game u 24/7
Diablo 3 --> Trash
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem