LOGIN  .  SIGNUP   .  SUPPORT 
HOME / MESSAGE BOARDS / GENERAL DISCUSSIONS

General Discussions

Signup   Message Boards Home   Newest Posts   My Favorite Boards   My Threads
Page 3 of 3   •  First Page  •  Previous Page  •   Next Page  •   Last Page
Signup or Login to Post
Is it me or is Windows 8 doomed?
 
Shibby  posted on Jun 01, 2012 6:24:11 AM - Report post

Current rank: 4.5 Stars. Next Rank at 20.000 Posts.
Send a message to Shibby
ELITE
Yea 2) is the most likely as you say, even when I bought a new laptop after Vista came out I specifically got one with XP
 
Steven283  posted on Aug 20, 2012 11:05:13 AM - Report post

Current rank: 1 Star. Next Rank at 100 Posts.
Send a message to Steven283
ELITE
In my humble opinion, Windows 8 is a terrible OS for desktop users. Microsoft really dropped the ball on this one. Out of all the videos and reviews I've seen on Windows 8, only about 20% of them had good things to say about it. The other 80% can't stand it. Why would I want that garbage on my PC?

Thankfully, Windows 7 gets extended support until 2020. I was planning to get my new PC next year, but now I'm getting it BEFORE Windows 8 comes out. Screw it, Windows 8 can kiss my butt!

 
PWizard  posted on Aug 20, 2012 11:25:17 AM - Report post

Founder
Send a message to PWizard
FOUNDER
I've been using Windows 8 on my primary desktop PC exclusively for over a month now. I think it's a great OS, very few issues and it works very well for desktop users. I actually like it better than Windows 7 in many regards. I would highly recommend it. I will be buying a Surface tablet as soon as they are released so that I can get the same experience on my tablet as I have on my PC which will be extremely helpful when traveling and having to update the website.
 
Bes  posted on Aug 20, 2012 11:26:11 AM - Report post

Current rank: 5 Stars.
Send a message to Bes
ELITE
I loved XP, hated Vista, and now I love 7. Personally, I think that this trend is doomed to continue with Win8. I do not plan on "upgrading" to it and like Shibby said, I will probably be using 7 for a long long time. At least until Microsoft comes out with something better than 8. So far, everything I have read about it here and elsewhere has been bad.

I also refuse to switch to an Apple computer. The only reason I would use it is for the GarageBand software. Honestly, that alone is not worth me paying out of my butt for a computer that won't work with half of the software I use.

Overall, I don't really HAVE a problem with sticking with Win7. As long as all the software I use remains compatible with it, I'm totally ok with letting Win8 pass me by. It's not like I've been waiting with baited breath for Win8 to come out, so I don't really feel any disappointment.

 
saintpaul1  posted on Sep 08, 2012 3:03:00 PM - Report post

Current rank: 1 Star. Next Rank at 100 Posts.
Send a message to saintpaul1
ELITE
Sorry guys, but I find that Vista is 100 times better than win 7, I am running 4 machines at the moment and with various forms of windows ( laptop - xp, 3 x desktops with vista, win 7 and win sbs ) and find that I can do more with my Vista than with win 7.
Win 7 is also more reliant on internet connection, it is constantly wanting to be updated and uses at lease 2gb a month for this.
Haven't had a look at Win 8, but if it is better than 7 then I will give it a try.
 
Neo7  posted on Sep 08, 2012 4:11:27 PM - Report post

Moderator
Send a message to Neo7
MODERATOR
They really messed it up with the Metro interface in terms of desktop users. It's cool and all but at the end of the day I just want the start menu back.
 
treblemongster  posted on Sep 08, 2012 4:19:27 PM - Report post

Current rank: 1 Star. Next Rank at 100 Posts.
Send a message to treblemongster
ELITE
I totally agree with Neo and ive never dissagreed with anything Neo has said before.Windows 7 is way better then windows xp,Now that is.When Windows 7 first came out it was not very good but after releasing service pack 1 for it, It became a very user friendly OS.I do feel windows 8 will be another Vista and fail hard and hopefully what comes after will be a Version of windows that is more advanced but friendly to the Hardcore Gamers out there.Fingers Crossed for our future.
 
AdmiralP  posted on Sep 11, 2012 5:25:14 PM - Report post

Current rank: 2 Stars. Next Rank at 1000 Posts.
Send a message to AdmiralP
ELITE
I can only say that I hope it is doomed to fail like Vista... because I really do not feel like upgrading my OS anytime soon... especially since I am actually pretty happy with Windows 7.
Page 3 of 3   •  First Page  •  Previous Page  •   Next Page  •   Last Page
  Post Reply
Go to page: 1  2  3 
All times are (GMT -06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). Current time is 1:55:39 AM