Mass Effect 2 Discussion
I mention this 'cause i had the game installed on a old pc, and now that i have a new one (old one busted) i cant remember what i had to do to mod those parts of the game. I know i had to get a program of sorts to be able to open a certain text file and edit it, but i dont recall either the program or the text file i had to open, as well as the lines that i had to change and to what for.
Anyone can help? thank you in advanced.
Since I sense you are probably impatient here you go..
Ok here is a step by step on actually how to edit the .ini file safely, no matter how many extra characters or lines are used.
1. Download Notepad++ Link - Never EVER use normal Notepad, Wordpad or Word to edit the ini file.
2. Download Ruby and I included a ruby script to fix the CRC of the .ini file after editing. Link
3. Install Notepad++ and Ruby (which is in the .rar file)
4. Copy the included .rb file, to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked (or whever you installed it) and paste it in here, so that you only have the .ini file and .rb file there.
5. Make a backup of your original unaltered coalesced.ini file. And open with Notepad++ make your changes.. And no dont AllowD3D10use when you see the option, as its not fully supported.
6. When done making changes, save, and then open up the .rb file. It may or may not have associated the file type, if not find ruby.exe (not rubyw.exe) where you installed it and tick always open up this file type with this program. It will then scan the ini file and make a fixed - coalesced.ini file. Delete your amended file you did and rename the new one by removing the "fixed - " and thats it.
Hope you understand.
[Edited by DABhand, 6/9/2011 11:35:17 PM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem