Although the program you talk off does indeed help playing games you bought legit from steam, it can also be misused to play games you haven't. So best not mention it just incase
- No scratched discs or piled-high disc collections
- Buy something from the store and immediately begin downloading it
- Unlike retail versions, most games on Steam do not require CD keys to play the game. Plus, for some games, you can activate a digital copy with a retail CD key.
- You can buy/receive extra copies of games and give them to your online friends
- There are 30 million people who use this client
Just to stay on-topic, even though I am a person who loves Steam so much, I intend to play games on the single-player mode more often to avoid the cheaters and such. You get modders and hackers who create cracked versions of it, but the cracked games are more likely to fail, even with trainers.