BioShock 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
Because the game will set your binds to Default after a crash, you should set your User.cfg in USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Bioshock2 to read-only to avoid retyping them.
If you think the graphics look worse (I have to agree a bit as they don't look as sharp but hope someone will figure out a way to improve the textures than my cheap way) look at your Bioshock2SP.cfg and check they correspond to my own high-ish settings which attain 70fps on two Ati 4870's (I've copied only the relevant commands):
HavokNumThreads=4 ;set this to 4 if you have dualcore otherwise its 2 for singlecore
and I do have to agree, it doesn't look as graphically amazing as bioshock 1 did back in the day though I think the gameplay is easier (and so far, very long).
(and I love some of the new weapons like the mini turrets).
To add to the graphics issue, the first cutscene seems to be pre-rendered and it looks like sht
If they developed Bioshock 2 as well for PC as they did with the first, then we'd all be applauding 2K Games. I've played through the game already and didn't suffer any crashes besides using Alt+Tab on a few occasions. Using your most recent save should help, best bet is to make 5 manual saves throughout in rotation, and use the quicksave whenever you need to.
I do understand the resentment from a lot of gamers who's issues haven't been dealt with promptly by 2K, despite the quick release of the first patch - this seems to be the order of the day for alleged quick-released buggy PC games in general.
As a reminder, the patch fixed the following SEVEN crash issues:
- Fixed accepting a game invite on the Multiplayer Menu via Friend Invite causing a crash.
- Fixed a black screen that would occur minimizing and restoring the game in Windows 7 (crash issue).
- Fixed a potential save file issue (crash issue).
- Fixed a crash while playing Dionysus Park on a 32-bit machine.
- Fixed a crash that would occur sometimes loading a previous manual save made before any present QuickSave.
- Fixed a crash while signing in to GFWL when running compatibility mode for XP SP2 while running Vista.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur any time before a specific Big Sister sequence.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem