Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
I ran into the same situation, but not for MW2. Although I am no expert or something, but I just want to tell you about what I have known about this so far.
1) There might be some problems with conflicting process against steam client running during the gameplay, steam has a list of that on their website, google it.
2) Watch out for iTunes related process, those consume lot of memory, which may lead to crash and even total death of computer.
3) Video card drivers, keep those update, and check whether your DX is up to date.
4) Check your hardrive.
5) If all those things are checked and the game still crashes like hell (Especially total death of computer continues to happen), then you probably need to do something about BIOS settings. This happens to me overtime for some reason, maybe because my processor and motherbroad are AMD exclusive, I ran into this when I was playing Fallout3, GTA4, Crisis, Company of Heroes (the list goes on and on...)
This is highly unrecommended for most people as changing settings of BIOS may lead to failure of booting and exiting Windows, you probably need to google it somewhere, cuz this is not a usual problem.
Hope those help
try launching the game w/o the trainer.
The retail version of the game will automatically update your version of DirectX at install-time, so this shouldn't be as much of an issue, but if in doubt head over to:
To download and install dxwebsetup.exe. This is worth keeping handy as this utility will always check for, and download, the latest updates as they are made available (usually ever quarter).
A final thing to check aside from other drivers is the method you are playing the game (your version). Are you using a fix? If so, it may be that there is a flaw inherent to the fix, and if that is the case then no matter what you do you won't get it to work. That is of course unless you run down to the shop and buy it. It may also be that there is a compatibility issue with this game and your hardware configuration. In which case, you'll have to wait for Infinity Ward to release a fix, or your chipset manufacturer to release an updated driver (see above).
Just a few ideas that may prove useful. Hope all of you experiencing issues get it rectified soon!
[Edited by PhoenixCH, 11/14/2009 11:03:10 AM]
[Edited by PhoenixCH, 11/14/2009 11:03:33 AM]
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem