Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
As the title suggests, this is an egghead discussion~
There are two biggest confusion for me during the game play:
1) If ultranationalist party has already seized the power in Russia, then what the hell they start to kill civilians in Moscow? This doesn't quite make sense.
2) During the invasion carried out by Russian forces against the States, the loading CG suggests that NORAD missed a regional scan of DC, how can that be?!
The story line of MW and MW2 seem to be good, however, I think there are too many crazy things in the storyline, and within about 6 hours of gaming, those things happen quite radical.
David, Gaming companies don't need to get things accurate, especially 1 as crazy as IW. They juz need it to SOUND possible and links well in their storyline.
1. Makarov is a terrorist. That's wad he does. terrorize. So he scapegoats the US. He doesn't care abt his own ctrymen. See Taliban in Afghanistan or Pakistan. Similiar MO.
2. If u realise near the end of the CG scene, u realise NORAD lost major sensor networks, like SATCOM, SOSUS. This indicates countermeasures by the russians as part of the invasion. Information is gold in war, and denying that to ur enemy is a huge part of 1s success. Hence by the time NORAD got to the scan of DC, they alrdy got jammed. Also notice the fact that juz be4 that, they show a few sat track paths, but no sats. Got shot down perhaps?
And yes, MW2 has a crazy and at times unbelievable storyline. Part of IW's lust for controversy and oneupmanship.
When the gameplay is not good you have to follow the story if the story is not good too then the game should be thrown in the trashes!
That is how i play the game!
example: I don't play Final fantasy games for the gameplay! because i don't like it, i just love it because of the story!
And for MW i think the story was ok and a little confusing!
well...that's one way of playing it. but i think the story is very important..just as much as the gameplay and grahpics. today game makers talk about immersive games and realism...well..if that's the case then...the story..music..game play...and graphics have equal importance.
Well, that is how it works for me. and i know story is really important, but if it is confusing and you can't understand anything about it then you should have a reason in playing the game so you look at the gameplay, graphics, etc..
It works the opposite too.
Makarov, as an pseduo-Ultranationalist, on the one hand, potrayed Imran Zakhaev as a national hero of Russia, helping ultranationalist to gain its political popularity domestically (to some extent, they have gain some geopolitical advantages, as the 2nd mission shows). One the other hand, he was and still is an arm dealer, support dictator and genocidal governments around the world.
After ultranationalist regime gained its popularity, the tension between European Union, Russia, and United States rise to a new high level. However, this doesn't mean immediate war between each other, to some extent, several political figures from both US and Russia agree to make a deal.
The deal maybe, that to keep a balance of power and share of geopolitical resources between US and Russia. However, Makarov's action, which stoned two brids. First, it increases his sales by rising international crisis; second, it put US in a scapegoat position, which maybe unexpected to US. Triggering the war between two superpower, definitely have a huge impact on arm sales, as some of the edged EU countries and states in NAFTA will seek more insurance for their security. For some rogue countries, Makarov is the best seller.
To Shepherd, this maybe the best chance to 'gain its historical position', it might be true that Shepherd is the mastermind of everything (bigger than Makarov). That explains why Shepherd supplied the intel of insider to Makarove, and why Makarov told Shepherd's hidden base to Price and Soap. The case of Shepherd may indicate some there might be more than one ambitionous political figures who seek to make a deal with new Russian power. This means the story will never ends.
Yes, even terrorists need to be logical to get what they want. And in MW2, Makarov can be seen as a state-sponsored (from Russia, and maybe some US politicians) terrorists leader, but he obviously he has his own plan of playing in between. Still, most of the things are in Shepherd's controll.
And two more question.
3) The Russian invading forces come across the North Atlantics, which means they need to bypass European Union and Commonwalth's defense systems. Considering the relation between EU and US, it can be hardly that US go uninformed.
4) Also, Strike in London might be a more operative choice, as the distance between UK and Russia is shorter and the military strength of UK is significantly lower than US.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem