Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword Discussion
I have tried the following
1. Made sure the trainer was running in Admin mode
2. Made an exception for the trainer executable in my anti-virus
3. Made sure the game ver and trainer ver match
4. Made sure the game exe wasn't stealth updated by steam (last modified in June)
Have I missed anything? I was using the trainer just fine a few weeks ago, but now it won't modify game values (unlim movement) on both my laptop and my desktop.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
You did verify the trainer version and game version match?
What's odd is that trainer is from 2009. You said the game was updated this past June 2014? Looks like it was patched to replace GameSpy with Steam.
Trainer is for version 3.1.9 - that matches the game exe version?
[Edited by element5, 9/7/2014 1:54:49 AM]
The product ver is 3,1,9,0 (128100)
Last updated 06 Jun 14
Trainer is ctbs-#######.exe ver 3.19
Checking my save game dates, it would appear I last played in May, so the stealth update you mentioned probably is what's giving me problems.
I realize what an out-of-date title this is, and I'm aware of the bad rep the Civ franchise has in these parts after Civ5. But an update would be greatly appreciated; if the game is too old or low-volume to be updated, then thanks for 5 years of unlimited movement workers!
I hear ya bro, you must be very attached to your game after 5 years of playing it. The thing is, based on your info, looks like trainer and game versions do match so not sure what Caliber could update. It's also iffy if he even still has the game loaded anymore.
Give it a bit to see if he sees this and responds. If not, you might send him a PM and ask what he thinks about it.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem
• Buildings and Research
• Unlimited Movement of Units