Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA 4) Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
Didn't forget your windows must be XP SP 3 or vista SP 1 .
and your cpu must be Dual core at least 2200 .
you can't play this game at your rig right now .
try again it in new rig (pc) or on console(ps3 or x360) .
In reality 8600 should be minimum and GTX260 recomended
I have a 3.4 intel pentium 4 CPU and I finished 54% of the game (wasnt in mood of finishing the remaining 46%)
also my friend had a 7300GT Nvidia VGA and his PC ran it nice and smooth...
You actually do need an amazing PC. I've got a highend PC with QX6700@3.3Ghz, 8GB 800mhz DDR2 RAM, and two radeon 512mb 4870's. I can play any other modern game better thgan this poor console port. This is a huge shame as I LOVE this game.
I can only manage an average of 34fps with the following settings: 1400x1050, medium textures, high reflections, high water, medium shadows, medium texture filter, view distance 25, detail distance 35, shadow 25, vehicle 2 and definition on.
I would love to know details on those who can play the game with no slowdown and can you share your tips here please so we can share your enjoyment of the game as it was meant to be played?
And why do I get very grainy textures? Its more noticeable on cars and looks hidious. Its looks exactly like you've took a photo on the highest ISO setting - the console don't suffer from this and I'm struggling to find a solution after many weeks of searching online.
Gta 4 on my old rig
C2D E4300 @1.8 GHZ
Sapphire HD 4670 512 MB
3 GB ram
GTA 4 ran on low settings with 20 fps average
GTA 4 on my new rig
C2Q Q9400 @3.2 GHz
3 Gb ram
Texture : medium. Distance 70%. Detal : 100%. Transport 100%. Shadows : 16. 1440 X 900.GTA 4 ran at a average of 35 fps
[Edited by yrady, 9/1/2009 9:00:40 AM]
It definitely looks like the game engine favours Nvidia over Ati with higher fps and less stuttering. If anyone has the latest 200-series GPU, could you post your results as the lastest ones should blitz it. I did see that the game doesn't support SLI out the box but a future patch may fix this.
I've tried to improve performance by setting it to 'playable/safe' settings (still better than what you'll get from consoles) that I found for me were: 1680x1050, all settings: Medium, View: 26, Detail: 20, Vsync: off. Average improved from 25fps to 46fps with 73% CPU usage and 50% GPU usuage.
I've managed to improve the ugly fuzzy textures issue by turning the ATI CCC panel MipMap Detail to Highest Quality - this doesn't affect performance. Its still not 100% perfect so I'll keep tweaking away
* Up to 400 new and updated trainers monthly
* Manage and update trainers through one app
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem