Company of Heroes Discussion
virus scan: 15/40 (37.5%) antivirus softs found something
CAT-QuickHeal;10.00;2009.04.13;(Suspicious) - DNAScan
NOD32;4004;2009.04.13;probably a variant of Win32/Agent
The is warning is most likely caused by the way the trainer works: it is designed to intercept and edit code that is in-use by the game.
Well actually there is no real virus...
But let me explain you:-
Trainers generally come with harmless keyloggers that map the keys pressed when ingame. This helps in activating trainer options.
And keyloggers are normally traced as Trojan.Agent nowadays...So don't panic - freely add the Trainer to the Scanner's white list ----> It wan't harm you by anyways...This is in CH's TOS.
And this it to AdmiralThrawn's Reply,
Well 15 scanners have reported it, so its not a false alarm, the trainer must have a coded keylogger or look-a-like bytes to that of a virus - be it safe for a user.
If I get a moderator warning:-
1) I am not telling the trainer has a virus, I am just explaining the behaviour of a Trainer's coding which is traced as a virus, but there is nothing harmful inside it.
2) If the submitted trainer is a standard trainer, I hold no faults because I have not downloaded it - I am explaing through standard conditions.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem