System Shock 2 Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
But thanks for your suggestions
1. Right Click both the game exe file
2. Go to compatibility tab
3. Check "Run as Administrator"
4. Click apply. Do steps 1-4 with the trainer file.
5. Run both game and trainer.
You may want to disable your anti-malware software (anti-virus first then firewall). If this workaround method does not solve the problem please re-enable the software again.
Make sure to check the DDFIX option during install otherwise the game will almost instantly freeze on dual and quad core configs -- which is a well documented issue of the Dark Engine, the engine powering the game.
And no, despite its age, this game is not dead... People still develop missions for it. have a look at the missions archive on Strangebedfellows.de or on SS2shock.com (both sites are in English)
[Edited by Sringo, 8/20/2009 9:48:47 AM]
[Edited by Sringo, 8/20/2009 9:49:31 AM]
Use a tool called imagecfg to get rid of this problem. Just google for the download link.
Alt Tab to desktop once game is running,
Open Task Manager and right click on System shock 2 in Apps list,
Choose goto process,
Right click the process - choose "Set Affinity"
Uncheck all boxes except Cpu0
re alt-tab into game.
* Up to 400 new and updated trainers monthly
* Manage and update trainers through one app
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem