Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA 4) Discussion
Trainer Tools and Resources
0 option(s) for voting
Boost currently not available
The checking for modification of the files works by opening up files.txt, and SHA1 hashing the contents of each file listed in there cumulatively. If the hash doesn't match the hash stored in the exe, it exits. But theres one problem with this technique... they rely on files.txt to check files.txt too?!!!! Oh dear R*... what happened to your chain of trust?!
To bypass it, all you have to really do is:
1. Make a copy of files.txt.... for example: copy files.txt to files.txt.original
2. Edit files.txt... replace "files.txt" with "files.txt.original"
3. Make a copy of the file you want to mod... say you want to mod weaponinfo.xml, so you would make a copy of it as weaponinfo.xml.original
4. Edit files.txt... replace "weaponinfo.xml" with "weaponinfo.xml.original"
And viola.... no more exiting on startup... but to make your patches really apply you have to use a patched filelist.pak without any files in it.
So here is a batch file that will do the above things to all the "protected" files and make backups of them as .magic. Included is a patched filelist.pak as well. After installing this, you can just edit your files normally as before (just don't edit the .magic files!).
NOTE: The batch file does the steps above for ALL the protected files. Do NOT follow the instructions above (i.e. making copies, replacing files, etc) if you use this batch file. Files.txt is automatically patched with this batch script.
1. Restore backups of ALL your modified files (or if you don't have them, you have to reinstall). It is VERY IMPORTANT that you have the original "protected" files or this won't work!
2. Copy magic.bat to your GTAIV game folder
3. Run magic.bat (Run as Administrator if you're on Vista)
4. Make a backup of pc\data\filelist.pak
5. Overwrite pc\data\filelist.pak with the included filelist.pak.
This post has been edited by aru on Dec 8 2008, 17:58
these ppl maide a patch or something that removes the hash code so u can edit most of the files. it should work with savegame.
Found on a gta4 mod site. that dudes Rocket AK is also there. along with real vehical names
That's OK. There are a lot of bidepal animals in the game who carry green. And some more than others. Finding them is the *real* game.
About the Mod fix : there are actually 2 Mods that allow the manipulation of values : they are not to be confused, and be sure to Read The F***ing Manual (tm) that come with each one. Also check out the hilarious videos posted on YouTube with the "Granete" (sic) cars....
You can use savegame when you use same profile , it is also possible to "upgrade" your savegame, but you need the login for acc with which the savegame was saved.
For example you have acc , you load your savegame and if you relogin while you are ingame and save the game with new ID it will work.
* Updated game trainers and cheats daily
* Get notified when new cheats are added
* Request which games get new trainers
* Priority support with any problem